Hello. I am a woman 27 years old and lately I had trouble sleeping. When I wake up, I have trouble breathing. Sometimes, during the day, I feel fatigued and I have tingling sensations from no sleep. So, do you think that I suffer from some sleep disorder? Please help, if you know how.

What you are suffering from is clearly insomnia, and probably sleep apnea too. Some people think that it is easy to train your brain not to need long sleep. But those people are wrong. You can’t do anything without it. Your body and organs need it to regenerate, and especially the brain. If you want to cure insomnia, you first must find what is causing it. The cause of it can be many things – stress, some medication, overactive mind etc. You should think about it and try to find out what is wrong with you. When you fix the cause of insomnia, insomnia will cure itself. You can’t cure insomnia with medications, but they sometimes help. Don’t overuse sleeping pills, since they cause adiction , and have side effects. Some professional counseling is ok too.