I'm on vactaion in the Czech Republic and over the last few days my upper lips has gone from feeling slightly dry, to having very very tiny bumps on it (1/4 the head of a pin) and this morning I awoke to find both sides of my upper lips swollen, the middle isn't bad, it has a some of the tiny bumps but that is it. I went to a pharmasist who spoke no english and gave me Herpes medication. I don't think that this is the issue, I have no open sores and I have not kissed anyone in six months *and have never in the past had cold sores). I have however sampled other peoples beers over here where I may have unknowngly drank from a glass of someone with it.

Anyway, I've read that sometimes drinking beer causes something like a yeast infection or something that swells a lip, is this true, and if so does my case sound like that could be? As of today, as much as it pains me, I'm going to stop drinking the beer and I am going to try to take the medication from the pharmasist, but if at all possible I'd like to avoid a doctor until I get bak to the states (another week and a half). What can I do to treat the lip in the mean time besides what I am already doing? Thanks!

Hey this exact thing happened to me and I just returned from the Czech Republic. Like you I have never had cold sores and I have not been kissing anyone lately. Did you ever find out what the deal was??

ok barefootcabra im having the same problem. my upper lip is slightly swollen and when spread it looks like dozens of tiny white dots on it. I have been with the same guy for over a year so i dont think that its herpes...and if it would happen to be he would have A LOT of explaining to do...i dont drink beer so it cant be that...im just concerned...if you found out what it was any reply would be helpful

Sounds like it could be fordyce condition its nothing serios just annoying you should ask a dermatologist about it. Hope this helps