I have been searching the internet trying to find any sort of answer to my ailment. Of course I have been scaring myself with what it could be . Herpes? Or cancer? Or the beginning of some rare disease? So maybe someone out there can help me.

A few months ago, I had a slight pinkish spot on my lip. Looked as if I had bitten it. In fact, I probably did! It would get dry. And then turn more pink. There was no pain. No bump. No blisters. No scabbing. Just a patch of skin that would go from pink to red in a matter of a day. Then literally, the next day, it would be gone. I would have a slight red mark on my lip from anywhere from 1 to 15 days and then it would fade. And once it was gone, the next day it wold be back. Pink again. There is no pain. No spot on my lip. I am worried it might be cancer as I have NEVER had anything wrong with my lips. Other than the occassional dryness. I have a fiance who also does not have any history of cold sores. Have not been involved in any activity where I could have been exposed to it either. I am very careful about sharing food, utensils, etc.

I have had skin cancer before on my arm. And I remember acting similiar to this. Just a red patch of skin that continues to change colors, and not go away. Just wondering if anyone out there could help me ease my mind. I am a 32 year old female, who would like for it to be something other than cancer.

Please help.
Thank you for any information.

Did you get any feedback on this? I have the same exact thing, and can't figure out what it is...thanks.

I have had the same problem. Question? Do you snore badly?
If so, it is probably the same issue I have. My nasal passage is closing off while sleeping, and I have to breath thru my mouth, and sometimes my lower lip vibrates against my teeth, which over several hours, every night it gets agitated and turns red. I know this happens because it has awakened me several times.

Currently scheduling appointment with ENT to have nasal passage scoped to see what can be done to open it up so that I can breath better.

yea i have this too is the snoring thing right or does anyone else have an answer to what it could be

I have this red off and on pink off and on sometimes dry spot on my lip for months. Also, looking for an answer.

I get this too and I can't figure out what it is or how to get rid of it. I do not get cold sores so I know that it is not that. I have had the pinkish/ redish spot above my lip now for about 4 years and now it appears that I am getting another one. It doesn't hurt, tingle, pus or anything. It just looks ugly! I hate it! Someone help!

any pictures?? tht would help

It's not a dot or anything? You have it around the mouth right? I think it's wind burn, and easy cure is blistex, or other quality Chapstick, you can get it at any drug store. I highly doubt it's anything critical that could kill you.

It shows up about, th time when it gets cold outside.

I had a pretty bad, I guess it was a cold sore in the middle above my upper lip. It has healed no more blistering, but there is a big pink spot. People say they don't notice it but I don't believe them. If I see it they see it. I have some antibiotic cream I'm applying I hope it helps. Did you find any answers?

I have been having this pink patch on my lower lip ever since i can remember it does not hurt but strong wind and sun does affect the area. what i really want is a cure that could make the the colour dissapear.

I feel on the ground real hard and chipped my tooth and cut my lip after months I get to have this pink patches on my lip's and I have dark lip's its disturbing and I have a low self esteem cause of that I have tried different kinds of med's and cream's on my lip's for a year now and I'v had this for a year and half....can someone help me on what I should do or take

Its vitiligo a pigment dissorder under the skin look it up online a ointment normaly helps TAC 0.025.

I have that exact same problem... I don't know what to do and have looked everywhere but can't seem to find anyone that can help

How can a red spot be removed from my lower lip for a year now