I had a second trimester abortion about 8months ago and I am bleeding after sex and I will have my period and stop and a couple days later i will start bleeding lightly again. The blood has alot of clots and almost looks like there is little chunks of tissue in it. What is going on?

i have the exact same problem, it was 7 months ago since my termination and I am still bleeding on and off. sometimes very heavy, sometimes with clots, some times very light and even sometimes without clots. im unaware as to why this is happening and as daft as it sounds I would just LOVE to have my periods back..and normal. I have visited my GP and they just told me that It takes different women, different amounts of times for their bodies to deal with the effects of abortion, however I still find this very unusal.