i had my 3 termination in oct 2009, due to it not being the right time my boyfriend had mainly decided we should have a termination. we had a medical termination and straight away after it i regretted every minute of it. i was constantly bleeding for 12 weeks after it sometimes it was light sometimes it had clots and was very heavy. i attented the docs a few times and they supplied me with hormone balancing tablets as they said thats all it was. Eventually it stopped a few days befor christmas. i am so relieved that the blood stopped as it was very stressful and constantly reminded me of the regret i hav for having the termination. Now i really want to have a baby due to the regret i feel everyday, i have read that hormone inbalance can cos u to b infertile and im so worried about that. how quickly can i get pregnant if i still can? x

Hi Amy! Is this correct that you had 3 abortions?!!!!! This COULD create problems with your uterus! as it was a medical termination!

What I want to tell you Amy is this! MANY women have regrets after abortions, but your circumstances have NOT changed in 3 months! Just your desire has grown and your regret! You CANT decide - itn this state of mind - to get pregnant again! IF you are still with the same man, and become pregnnat now! It could get nasty, as I'm sure he hasn't had a full 180 degree change around! So you need to take some time and let your body get back to normal and become healthy before trying! And also make sure that this isn't going to end up being the same again! IF you have had 3 abortions, - depending on where you live - they could decide either not to do another abortion IF you needed one again! So take some time OK and heel! And get your bearings and figure out if you are going to have the support in place to become pregnant! Good luck and health!

I am 35 years old and also trying to become pregnant for the past year. I had an abortion 17 years ago and never had children after that. I have not used any type of birth control since just used the pulling out technique. Now I am afraid that I cant have children due to the abortion. I have yearly visits with my OBGYN and she tells me that Im ok. Could the abortion have affected my ability to be come pregnant?

Hi! Since you had an abortion 17 years ago, I take it that it was medical and not drug induced?! Since you have been checked out by an OBGYN! Then what she is telling you is that there is nothing in your uterus that can cause worry or she doesn't see anything abnormal! As you know that a medical abortion is the cutting and suctioning out of the embryo, and a chemical abortion is when they give you a pill to have an Instant miscarriage! Sometimes when a medical or chemical abortion is done, there CAN be tissue left over and this can cause MAJOR problems - as in infections and scarring! Since you have been given the all clear then this isn't the case for you!

Many people believe that getting pregnant is a cinch! It isn't! It takes timing and work! Thus the reason why you are told that many healthy couples can take upto a year before there is medical intervention! So what I would suggest to you is this! Start taking prenatal vitamins - they have shown to increase your fertility! Also since it has been a year, I would suggest you talking to your OB/GYN and see if she can put you on Metmorphine or Clomid - these are EXCELLENT drugs to help with fertility! Also instead of checking your correct times - with ovulation etc, I usually advise any woman to have sex ALL the time and each time help the little fellas! ;-) ! Out by raising your buttocks AFTER! You can put pillows under and stay like that all night if need be! This just helps the sperm get through the hostile mucus in the vagina and ESPECIALLY the cervix - which is covered with a thick anty sperm mucus! And then they are on their own when they get inside the uterus and into the fallopian tubes! I hope this puts your mind at ease and please let me know if you have any other questons OK? good luck and health!

Hi Amy

I fully understand what you are going through and have also had three abortions, but in my case, the bleeding never stopped. I have a week of normal menses then a week after i bleed for three weeks and the same cycle continues I am now married and desperately want a child, i have been on Clomid thrice and seen several doctors but no luck yet. I regret so much not keeping the last prgnancy and each day when i see the blood, it reminds me of what i may be a permamnent problem. i have been to several doctors who claim there is nothing wrong, its just hormornal imbalance i am scared but now just praying and hoping for the best. Just stay strong and positive though its difficult to. The sad thing is on all three pregnancies i had sex once and even took morning after pills on all ocassions but it didnt work and now that i desperately want to get pregnanct, its not happening. Thats some of lifes lessons learnt

Hi Poohbear! You have abnormal vaginal bleeding, and I think it is AWFUL that none of the "doctors" have checked out you hormones and put you on the correct hormone therapy! Clomid is for Ovarian Cysts - and helps with fertility! It is NOT for vaginal bleeding! It is for help with periods that have stopped - due to ovarian cysts! So I think since you are bleeding all the time it will be frm the Clomid! Which brings on menses!!! So you need to find out about your hormone levels, and then get put on the CORRECT medication!