My 2 1/2 year old son is potty training. When he pees, the urine seems to come out the top of the tip of his penis, not the front. I can push his penis down so that it is pointing due south and he still pees up and out of the toilet. If he were standing to pee, I swear he would pee straight up in the air. I've never watched a boy pee, but I can't imagine that this is normal. Any ideas?

It does sound quite funny and amusing but I'm sure that gets old after awhile. When my son was a baby (4-6 months) until about 2 1/2 yrs old, we were told by the doctor to slide his foreskin down (he's not circumcized) so that when he gets older erections won't be uncomfortable for him, and he never had problems with urinating but I can't say that that was the reason.
If your son is circumcized then maybe just try to open the little hole, just enough to see if there's anything unusual and in any case a visit to a pediatrition would be a good idea.

Good luck

1. is son circumcised
2. where is the hole at the end of he penis (IE) is look at do see a hole

j-save wrote:

1. is son circumcised

I think it is pretty common for younger boys when trying to pee to accidentally pee upwards. Are you thinking that he has a diverted urethra?

healthnfitnessguy wrote:

j-save wrote:

1. is son circumcised

may be or if hes a foreskin it may be aiming hes pee up so need he may need pull it back foreskin jest a lite bet

j-save wrote:

healthnfitnessguy wrote:

j-save wrote:

1. is son circumcised

I see. Isn't it dangerous to retract the foreskin on a younger child though or are you suggesting that it get pulled back just enough so that his urine stream is normal? I just want to make sure I understand.

healthnfitnessguy wrote:

j-save wrote:

healthnfitnessguy wrote:

j-save wrote:

1. is son circumcised

Is you sad just enough so that his urine stream is normal and only if it dos not case and discomfiture for hum

j-save wrote:

healthnfitnessguy wrote:

j-save wrote:

healthnfitnessguy wrote:

j-save wrote:

1. is son circumcised

Okay, so you are saying that you should pull it back just a little bit. I understand. Thanks for all your insight!

My son is 2 years old and his penis has a hole and not a slit. When he pees it goes upwards and out of the toilet. he holds his penis down so the pee will go down but it still goes up and out of the toilet. i have to have him pee in a cup so he doesnt get pee everywhere. He goes next month to see a pediatric specialist.

Look up something called meatal stenosis. It's a disorder in boys where the opening of the urethra is narrowed which results in high pressure, diverted streams. There's a simple procedure to open the urethra so everything flows properly.

I know you wrote this a year ago but please mention this to your child's doctor. A friend of mines son had something similar and it was discovered that he had a cyst inside that was causing problems. The doctor went ahead and removed it because he said it might cause problems later on. Not trying to scare you but just want the doc to take a look. Thanks and good luck