I'm 17 about to be 18 in 2 weeks and am getting a tonsillectomy march 26, my ENT told me that im going to lose 15-20lbs and i was wondering if this was true, I'm currently 6'0 and 160lbs and have barely anye fat on me does this mean im going to lose muscle. Has anyone else lost alot of weight after getting a tonsillectomy.

So far I've lost 8 lbs in 10 days after my tonsillectomy.

My son lost 8lbs in 10 days on his 68lb frame.

Im 19 years old and 5'9". I started at 145 and i've gone down 7 pounds in the 6 days since my surgery.

Hi there,
The fact that you will lose weight is because you won’t be able to eat proper food for at least to 10 days. You will first need to go through some recovery to be able to eat normal food. Your first days after tonsillectomy will be marked by soft diet. For instance you will be able to eat a lot of ice cream which will help you with the pain as well. You will be able to eat soup and mashed vegetables, but nothing too hard because you can injure the wound from the surgery. However you will get your weight back as soon as your diet is restored to normal one.
All the best,
Danella

Please don't give false information. Weight gain and weight loss is simple. If a person eats less then what they need then they will lose weight. If a person eats more then they gain weight. In this case with surgery they will be eating less. So they will lose. Once they recover the ONLY reason they will gain weight is because IF they eat more then what their body needs. If they only need 1500 calories to maintain their weight and they consume 2000 calories. Then they gain weight. Don't give false info.

Yes you are going to loose a significant amount of weight! im 16 years old and i weighed i 160lbs walking into surgery and im now down to about 150-152lbs. Im on day 7. The reason being is that there is literally nothing you can eat! It hurts to just swollow your own spit! I didn't eat for about 6 days straight! Cause i was in so much pain! But yeah you will loose weight! and if you dont have fat your muscle will start to loosen up a bit, but i think thats just cause you will sleep so much with the pain meds and want to stay in bed all day.