I've been struggling for some time to put on weight, but the stress I'm currently experiencing keeps sabotaging me. I want to eat, but I feel so sick after eating that I'm completely shell-shocked and too nervous to eat anything else. But not eating makes me feel even worse and now I don't know what to do. I have noticed, however, that my digestive problems seem linked to excessive noise and stress. I also have Aspergers Syndrome, which makes me very sensitive to my environment and incapable of ignoring noise and distractions.

I feel trapped and anxious all the time and I just don't know what to do or where to get the help I so desperately need. What resources are available to me? Should I contact the Mental Health Association? Can excessive noise have a negative effect on your health? Are there any programs that can help me get up to a healthy weight and stay there? Any help would be great. Thanks!

Hi alantain, First of all, I am a skinny guy or at least I used to be so I totally understand your plight! I can tell you that if you really want to start gaining weight then you are going to have to learn to feed yourself even when you're anxious. I can tell you that if you feel trapped and anxious then it's possible that you are suffering from some sort of anxiety if not an anxiety disorder, so yes, definitely reach out for help! It will be a great benefit to you and you will feel much better much sooner. Can you please keep us posted on how your treatment goes? I'd like to know how you're feeling after you get some help.