I would like to know more about Trichomoniasis. I was diagnosed with it few days ago and now I want to know all there is to know. What is the best treatment for this condition?

Trichomoniasis is vaginal infection that can cause the vulva to become sore, red and inflamed. The most notable symptom is a foamy, yellow greenish vaginal discharge and in some women it also hurts to urinate. The organism that causes these symptoms is a parasite in the vaginal mucus and it spreads through penetrative vaginal sex and the exchange of vaginal fluid. Treatment is usually antibiotics taken by mouth. I am sure that your doctor has already told you this but I will tell you again. You need to talk to your partner about this. He also needs to be treated. This way, you will be able to prevent re-infection. This way, the cycle of infection can be broken. It is important to say that infection in men often does not cause any symptoms. That is why testing, treatment and the use of condoms are advised. I am sure that you will be ok.