Hello, folks. My boyfriend has been diagnosed with gonorrhea urethritis. He started with the treatment, but I am afraid that there can be some complications. Can this type of infection lead to sterility in men? I would really appreciate if someone could tell me something more about this. Thank you in advance.

Hi to you too. Gonorrhea is a purulent infection. It is caused by bacterium called Neisseria gonorrheae. Urethritis is an inflammation of urethra. It is the tube that derives urine from bladder to the outer space. An immediate treatment should be done. Since your boyfriend is under a treatment, I think you shouldn’t worry. I hope everything will be all right. Good luck with all! Bye!

Hello, there. I am not sure about sterility. If the infection spreads, maybe in that case it can lead to sterility. Epididymitis has a key role in this. It is an inflammation of epididymis. It is the main reason for sterility in men. Since your boyfriend is treated, then he doesn’t need to worry. He can talk to his doctor if he has any uncertainties. Good luck with all! Bye!

Hello, good people. This kind of infection should be treated not only because of possible sterility. Spreading of this infection can be dangerous. It can spread through entire organism. One of the possible complications is meningitis. Endocarditis is also an option. However, it is good that your boyfriend is under the therapy. He just must be patient when it comes to treatment. It will last at least 14 days, maybe more. Bye!

May be you could find answer on this

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed