I am supposed to have some troponin test in order to measure my troponin levels for I recently was diagnosed with myocarditis that was caused by some bacterial infection and anyway I was prescribed some antibiotics and it all went ok after 2 weeks. Anyway despite the fact my myocarditis condition has been cured effectively my doc advise me to measure my troponin levels. Why is that?

Troponin test is commonly done after such diagnose as myocarditis is for if troponin level are even slightly elevated it would signify that some area of your muscle has been damaged by this bacterial mycarditos despite the fact you were taking antibiotics so there is still the chance of having some heart muscle injury and that is what would troponin test show especially if troponin levels are elevated. Anyway troponin is sort of a protein which is the main part of human muscles including heart muscles also and normally troponin levels are very low and any other elevated troponin levels could signify you heart is damaged. Usually measurement of troponin levels needs to be followed also with ECG test for than the results could be complete in determining how much your heart muscle is injured.