Hi, I'm a 15 year old girl and for the past week I haven't been able to feel when I need to urinate until I feel a slight pain. There is no feeling leading up to it. And after I do my stomach hurts so badly I can't move for a minute. I have no clue what's wrong.. Any advice? Thanks.

Hello MK,

Having no sensation when you need to urine and having pain afterwars indicates that you might have a kidney stone.  The kidneys are close to you stomach and the pain you are feeling may actually be emanating from there.  The stone may be causing some blockage of urine flow.  I think the best thing I can tell you is to go to your family doctor and see if that is what the problem is.  Kidney stones can sometimes be very painful.  They can get lodged in the  tubules and possibly the bladder.  Sometimes they will pass on their own if they are small enough.  If your doctor can see a stone, then he/she will be able to tell you what you need to do.