Hi All! New poster, been lurking here for a bit.

Been trying a diet my wife thinks is a bit over board. Two slimfasts a day, ramen noodles for dinner. Been five days now. trying to lose about ten or so pounds quick. Comes out to about 1000 calories or so.

Workout is 3-miles a day run 10min mile or so pace, and some resistance training for an hour three days a week. Mostly body weight resistance except for curling cinder blocks. Too poor for weights. :oops:

I figured my workouts were probably good enough that this is a hair over the top, but I want to get the weight OFF! I lost 25-30 pounds last year when I started running and Ive been doing three milers for a while now, so injury "shouldnt" be an issue.

Wanted to get some feed back from those in the know. Thanks in advance for any help!!!!

My only input is that those last 5-10 lbs are always the most difficult. If it were me, unless there was a very good reason I had to lose 10 lbs in a big hurry, I'd work at maintaining a healthy diet and lose those pounds slowly. A pound every couple of weeks would be a better way to go and you won't feel like you're starving yourself. I'd die in a hurry on 1000 calories a day :oops:

a 3 mile run will burn about 200 calories.....1000-200=800.....Thats not healthy......Try to loose 1 to 1 1/2 pounds per week for healthy weight loss.

Thanks guys! Thats kinda what I was starting to think, as Ive lost about five pounds already, and Im so tired all the time. This has kinda been an exercise in mental stamina more than physical I think. Probably will stop trying to be macho and impatient, and go to better diet.......maybe! :twisted:

I sure am tired of totin these extra pounds :squint: :wink:

I would recommend instead of ramen, maybe a nice hearty vegetable soup or even some steamed veggies and some very lean meat. The calorie hit really isn't bad, but the nutritional benefits (vitamins, etc) will REALLY help you out in many ways.