Hello, this is my first time posting on this site so hello..Now my problem here is pretty obvious in the title but let me take the time to explain it alittle better... I am a 17 year old female I hold a full time job school and martial arts. I am about 5'5 and weight 154 pounds.My day consist of walking 2 miles working 9 hours and then biking another two miles and two days out of a week thats topped off with biking a third mile and working out at martial arts for at least a half an hour. I also work at a fast food restraunt and i am the crew leader that meaning i dont lean or any thing i literally run! seriously....I watch everything I eat I have had to watch it almost all my life ever since I was little I have had to watch everything that entered my mouth.when ever I stopped watching my every intake in calorie i went up pounds like crazy I'm talkin I've been up two two hundered pounds..
I've tried almost every diet pill I've tried almost anything..
I'm inbetween the weght of slightly over weight which isnt that bad no but it is pathetic for everything i do and all the healthy food I eat.
I live off of salads slim fast bars cherios and yogurt...
I'm giving up....
please if there is any advice or sugestions any diet pills that actually work or anything.. please help.. thank you

I suppose you are building a lot of muscles too with all the activities and they count as weight too, so you shouldn't be obsessing about it much.

I know what you mean by having every bite seen. It is the same for me. I go from good looking to overweight in no time. I had a period of 6 months when I ate sweets only once a week, avoided dinner and exercises 5 times a week and during these 6 months I have never lost a pound. My weight stayed as it was for whole 6 months and I thought I would definitely lose some.

I don't buy that diet pills c**p...what works for me is eliminating oil, fried and eating only cooked and raw along with exercise. It's hard and I can't do it all the time but it is the only time i manage to lose weight.

I have so much weight on me but I am one of those you can't see it all as I am well proportioned. But I am 5ft5 and weight around 14 stone!. I've cut out all of the chocolate and crisps etc and just eat as much raw stuff and drink lots of water. Eating this healthy is hard to manage and because food
is the only thing I have to look forward to sometimes.

But now, I want to meet a man on line but all the women look so thin and so model like and so the competition feels huge to look your best. I also look huge on pictures and all my features look so much bigger than what they really are. I am extremely attractive with beautiful large eyes and high cheek bones, but the weight around my face does not make the best of my natural beauty and seems to disguise it. I really think that some women are naturally on the bigger side but that the media makes too much fuss on rake thin women and why bigger normal women feel so ugly.

There is so much beauty in having some weight on you but not where you know and feel it to be wrong. Drinking water all day and eating raw is the very best way to lose a lot if you really want to and that doesn't matter how much exercise you have because it is only sugar, fat and salt that keeps the weight on anyway. Don't let anything not whole, past your lips and only ever eat stuff like pizza, microwave foods etc etc once every month and no more.

I mentioned this in another post, but I was really helped by reading an article on the "How Stuff Works" website called "How Dieting Works." It really made me understand how the body uses food.

I used what I learned there and lost about 30-35 pounds.

Here's the URL:

health.howstuffworks.com/diet.htm

Also, I think there is a lot to be said for being fit and healthy and not focusing so much on the scales.

Also....this is true about muscles weighing more than fat...and also I blame the fact that I'm bordering the line between slightly overweight and ...having a fine weight is that I've got lots of boobs. There's some fat for you. Most people I know don't really want to lose that "fat" either.

I've been counting calories for 35 years. And while many people who can't lose weight are m****s who don't count calories, I think people who are actively searching for answers on the Internet aren't in that category.

I have repeatably reduced calories and increased exercise, trying to lose weight until I was eating less than 1000 calories and exercising for 1.5 hours. And the result was that I was so tired I would fall asleep every time I sat down, and if I was lucky I would lose 1 pound at the end of a month. A pitifully small amount for a woman who weights 200 lbs.

What have I learned:

Get your thyroid checked. Drink fish oil to improve your metabolism and thyroid function. Make sure you are getting at least 70 grams of protein a day. If you are a woman of childbearing age, make sure you take supplemental iron and high lignan flaxseed oil.

The only reason to eat carbs, is if you want to put on fat. High carb foods are a very poor source of nutrition and contribute not only to obesity, but also heart disease, diabetes, cancer, wrinkly skin, and about 80 other diseases.

Eat broccoli and cauliflower to control the effects of estrogen. Uncontrolled estrogen not only makes you fat, it can also cause cancer and uterine fibroids.

Exercise should help you lose weight and feel better. If you aren't getting these benefits from exercising, switch to weight lifting and make sure you are getting at least 70 grams of protein. If that still doesn't work, your body needs help making human growth hormone. Start taking l-dopa or supplements that contain l-dopa, such as Mucuna prurien.

Glutimine is your friend. Why do you crave snacks or feel weak? Because you're body is out of glutimine. Why do your muscles start to hurt during exercise? Because they are out of glutimine. Improve your work outs by taking glutimine beforehand. Resist snacking by taking glutimine when you haven't eaten for 4 or more hours. I am sure heard recommendations to eat small frequent meals. The reason for that, is that 4 hours after eating, your body starts to run out of glutamine, and it has to make some more. If you haven't eaten recently, the only thing that the body can make glutamine out of is your own muscles. And it does that by first pumping your body full of hormones that slow you metabolism. The best way to avoid your body running out of glutamine is by taking glutamine supplements, not by eating problematic mini meals.

Get sleep. If you aren't getting enough sleep take GABA. GABA has a number of health benefits besides helping you sleep that will contribute to weight loss. For instance, it will reduce stress reactions, and it will help your body make Human Growth Hormone. Other clear indications that you should be taking GABA are, if you feel stressed out or startle easily.

If you are following these suggestions, and you are only losing 3 lbs a month or if you want to live forever, get a blood sugar meter ($25 at Walmart). It is a much better tool than the scale for finding out what is going on in your body. By hook or crook you need to get your fasting/morning blood sugar down to 70-80, and you post meal blood sugar down to 90. That is the gold standard of health and longevity. Get down to that level, and you will feel as good as a 10 year old, and shed weight as easily as a 10 year old.

You need to use the meter in order to detect food allergies and other foods that make your blood sugar go up more than 10 points, and eliminate them from your diet. Stress also makes blood sugar go up. If your exercise program causes you blood sugar to go up more than 15 points, switch to a less stressful form of exercise like yoga, weight lifting, or pilates. Other stressors to look for are include caffeine, heat, and rush hour traffic.

Supplements can also help lower blood sugar. Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) should be taken by everybody, especially if they have less than perfect blood sugar. Other supplements that are worth a trying include Cinnamon Extract, Green Coffee Extract or Coffeeberry, Banaba, Fish oil, Fenugreek, Acetylcarnitine, Multivitamins and Minerals (especially Magnesium), Vitamin C with bioflavonoids, Chromium, Vanadium, and Bitter Melon.

The drug Metformin should also be considered. Metformin is excellent for lowering blood sugar and usually causes a 10 pound drop in weight without changes in the diet.

If nothing else succeeds, experiment with fasting. Find out how many hours you have to fast before you blood sugar level goes down 10 points. Always remember that during a fast your body needs extra minerals. Veggie juice is also allowed on mosts fasts. And if you want to feel good, and preserve your muscle mass during a fast, you need to take glutamine and other amino acids. And most importantly, if you start to feel lousy, EAT!

Hi! I also deal with your same problem. And I have tried pills, water powders, you name it. And I find those do not work. But this is what I have found works:

Exercise: I noticed that you are an active person and do not sit on your butt all day, which is good. But I think that some of your work outs are not very beneficial when it comes to weight loss. Instead of walking or bicycling, running is a much better way to lose way. It increases your heart rate more than the others. When you exercise you do not lose weight from the calories you are burning while working out, but your weight loss will come from an increase of your metabolism, which you can achieve by speeding up your heart rate. Running long distance at an even pace is better for weight loss than short distance sprinting..because your heart rate will be higher for a longer period of time. But if you do not like running, just make sure you include cardio work outs into your week. I have take martial arts before and although it makes those who naturally have decent metabolisms lose weight, those like me are not so fortunate. So my suggestion is RUN!

Diet: Food is definitely addictive. Sometimes all I can think of is food and I temporarily convince myself that it is alright to eat those krispy kreme doughnuts. But I have found that whenever I get those cravings to say "there are better things to life than food" like being skinny and running (which also becomes addictive after a while). But I'm not sure you have this problem, so I'll just say what I think is a good health plan. Eliminate anything that has ingredients you don't understand. Commit yourself to "God food". Natural food. If you are able to, try making all of your meals for a week. Not large, excessive meals. But a small meal of fruits, vegetables, chicken, fish, nuts, or grains. This will make you feel better (and look better too!). Cut out all soft drinks, diet or regular. They're poison. Water, juice, and tea are the drinks I suggest. Eat nothing fried, so to be safe do not eat any fast food. Make sure you eat breakfast! A small breakfast, but one that has proper nutrients. Try a bowl of cereal or oatmeal. Breakfast is crucial because it jump starts our metabolism, so you are able to burn more calories throughout the day. Oh and do not listen to "70 grams of protein". You do not need 70 grams of protein unless you're trying to bulk up. It has been proven that eating too much protein with hinder weight loss ability. Eat fifty grams at most.

Alright well I hope this helps!! It has helped me tremendously!

Eat more vegies and less protein and ask your doctor about ur metabolism because by the things u do it looks like u should be loosing. Try not to eat fried foods or eggs in the morning, a nice bowl of ceral would be finealso. Dont eat so much at night a fruit or a glass of milk would be fine (a gronola bar).

How much and how often are you eating? Sometimes if you don't eat enough your metabolism can slow down to a crawl making it difficult to lose weight. Weight and height can be deceiving as there are so many different types of builds. Try to eat around 1800 to 2000 calories spread out during the day to amp up your metabolism. Try cutting back bad carbs such as breads, pasta, and soda as those raise your blood sugar making it harder to lose weight.

Hi Malissa,
What works for me is simply number of calories. I lost weight easily using the R&D Diet Cookie (a total of 40#). Especially since you are busy it should work easily for you. Basically, you eat 5 or 6 of the cookies during the day and a sensible but light supper. You end up taking in 800 to 1000 calories each day and you lose weight. Listen to your body... I did 2 or 3 days in a row with this few calories then 1 or 2 days I had a heavier calorie supper and took in around 1200 calories. The cookies are nutritional and very satisfying so you are never hungry. They are a food and much safer than pills. They are not magic. They are a tool that helps you stay on your own low calorie diet so you lose weight quickly. I lost all my weight last year and it's been pretty easy keeping it off (and fun) because I still use the cookies now and then just to get my eating back in control. Good luck and if you have any questions feel free to email me!
Rhonda

Hi dear,

154lbs is too much. I have something which works really good. I tried it with hesitation but it works more than my expectations. I bought a ebook from ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed and I lose 30lbs in just 20 days. Its a wonder and excellent techniques. Even I have good knowledge of nutritions but I wasn't know things which I read. You should try, I'm sure it will definently helps you.

First of all you need to divert your tension from this problem.You want to lose weight.i shall advice you a program the best life diet
weight watchers which i used and it works.In addition to this you need to eat fat free food.Don't skip your meals.Drink plenty of water everyday.Hope so that it shall work.In case it don't please consult your near by doctor,he can guide you better in this regard.

Although many people feel that “diet” or “reduced fat” foods are not as good as the original, it can be a big help to buy less fatty snack foods. Try out different reduced fat brands and items and who knows, you may find something that you like even better than the original. The key is making sustainable changes - if you can't live without tortilla chips, trying to eliminate them entirely from your diet won't work. Making the change to a lower-calorie reduced fat tortilla chip can make a noticeable change in total calories consumed over time.

thanks!!

Health Advisor

Hello guys and girls.

Have you ever lost your weight loss motivation? If that’s true, don’t be depressed. A lot of people walked in your shoes.

SteadyHealth Community collected their stories and presented them in our new book “Weight loss motivation and discipline: Real experiences”.There you can find how people from all over the world overcome their obstacles and successfully lost their extra weight. They share with us motivational quotes and little tips and tricks which are life-savers.

You can download it totally free of charge for the next five days by using the following link - http://goo.gl/IfKUeD.

If you like our book, please leave feedback on Amazon and help us in our mission of helping other people with their health problems and concerns.

Health Advisor

Our ebook “Weight loss motivation and discipline: Real experiences” is free for just three more days.

If you are stuck with your weight loss journey, there’s nothing better than reading experiences of real people who were determined enough to win battle with their pounds. Motivation comes from the inside, but indulging yourself with a little more encouragement can't hurt!

After reading our book, just help us with one small thing: leave us your comment on Amazon and help other people find our book.