I received my normal period on July 14th and I have normal 28 day cycles. 4 months ago I had 45 day cycles because I had just got off birth control 4 months before...but my periods got back to normal We have been TTC since July 27th, 28th, 29th, 30th, 31st, & August 3rd.

Started to spot on August 3rd, 4th, and 5th very light. It started pink August 3rd but then it was brown on August 5th. August 6th it was a light red and I had to wear a pad but the bleeding was still very light so it wasn't like a normal period and Aug 7th it was a bit darker in color, closer to brown. Today it is barely there and it is brown in color. Might I also add that I had light cramping the first 3 to 4 days.

I have taken 2 First Response pg tests, which I new was way too early to test but I was so anxious and of course it came back neg. They only detect 100 mIU so I would have to be at least a few weeks for it to come back positive. Should I go to the doctor?

So I spent the day at the hospital, since I don't have a doctor. Not that any of you guys are replying to my friggin post...but anyways. I was there from 12:30 until 5 and they are telling me its negative and there is only a 2 mIU count in my blood.

The doctor said they are 100% accurate so there is no chance that I am pregnant. I said are you sure, maybe it's too early to tell? I have been spotting for 5 days now and my period isn't for another week. This is so annoying I don't know what's wrong with me...my boyfriend said maybe it is too early to tell if you're pregnant, that's what he thinks anyways. But what if it's not. I'm going to wait it out and see if I get my period next week and if not then I don't know what to do. :-(

The doctor also said "to be safe" you can test again in 2-3 weeks...so if it is 100% accurate then why would I have to test again to be safe? I think he is trying to tell me something here....what do you guys think? PLEASE REPLY PEOPLE it's driving me insane

Hi azthenia, I came across your post as I was google searching "mid cycle spotting" and strangely enough I'm in pretty much exactly same situation as you- I'm TTC - had my last period July 15th and spotted for 11 days from 29th July to 8th August!! Seems to have stopped now and am due period between today and Aug. 12th. Naturally I've felt concerned about it and have posted on other forums with the overall consensus being that it could be related to hormone imbalances- I think if its mid-cycle spotting its an oestrogen dip, if late cycle its linked to progestorone. I had a miscarriage back in March and since then I've been spotting late cycle before my period and occasionally mid-cycle but never as long as this month. I'm going to see my doctor after my period this month and will make sure I get checked out esp. as I've read that hormone imbalances can contribute towards early miscarriage, etc....

Anyways, what docs usually say is to keep a chart of spotting/periods and if it carries on for several months to let them know. HTH a little.
Emma
P.S. Naturally I've hoped that the spotting cd be linked to implantation bleeding (early pg) but I think its too early. Have resisted doing a HPT cos of not wanting to be too disappointed. Think we both have to wait to see if period arrives as usual....

Yes, I have mapped everything out. I ovulated between the 28th and the 30th, and I had sex those days, more than once.... We are really TTC. Today is the last day of my spotting, so it seems, as well. I am expecting my period tomorrow, but I have a feeling it isn't coming. And I know I don't have a hormonal imbalance because I have had normal periods since ever and I have seen a doc and they told me everything was fine.

I have had cramping throughout the whole time I spotted, since about the same time as you did. I have heard of women that have experienced implantation bleeding and they have received what seems like a normal period, and found out that they were pregnant later on. SOOO I guess we will just have to wait it out, patiently. There is no point on worrying over this because if it was bad you'd know.

Same with the hospital. I went there and they told me I should wait 2-3 weeks if I don't get my period and take another HPT because it is too early to tell. If nothing then I am going back. I found this really good website on pregnancy and it has everything. It explains implantation and everything, usually is takes 12 days and then after those 12 you start producing the hormone.

Anyways if you want you can e-mail me or add me to MSN at _[removed]_ if you'd like to chat since we are having the exact same cycle...lol I really could use someone to talk to.

Good luck and keep me posted!

So I don't think I am preg anymore. I woke up this morning, and wiped myself (after having sex) and there was a little bit of blood. Now there is pink stuff coming out, so I am assuming it's my period. It was expected yesterday but it came today. :-( Oh well, I guess I will have to try in a few weeks. It sucks because I was so sure I was preg, why did I have the spotting a week before my period then? Oh well. Good luck everyone else on TTC.
[/enc]

Well I thought I was on my period but it turns out I'm not. This morning I received a mucousy pink discharge when I wiped. It's really weird. My period was due yesterday and I took a test today and it looks like it is negative but I didn't know whether the pregnant line was faint or I was seeing things.

Anyways, I feel nautious in the morning and I have for the last 3 days. I am peeing a lot too. And I also feel like I am on my period, and I go check and still no blood. I don't friggin know what to do. Maybe I should wait a week to test because maybe it's too early? What do you guys think

Hi azthenia, I've only just checked back since my last post and have just seen your new posts. I guess you just have to see if your period comes really and if it doesn't then try another HPT? Our bodies sure do play tricks on us! As for me, well I was feeling a bit sick end of last week but wasn't sure if it was a bug or not and then didn't come on exactly as expected so did HPT and much to my surprise came up positive. The 1st one I did came up ever so faint but definitely a second line so I did one the next day which was clearer. Thing is I started spotting again on Monday so phoned the early pregnancy unit (have direct line now cos of miscarriage earlier in the year) and they said to see Dr. to be referred for scan. So I've been referred now and am waiting to hear from hospital re. scan or blood tests. Its all very confusing-I have lower backache-just like I get at the time of my period and am still spotting (day 3 now) and in addition there was the unexplained spotting I posted about previously. To be honest I don't think its looking too good. I don't feel v positive about this one esp. as it's mirroring the experience I had with my previous m/c. Oh well, nothing I can do now. I hope you manage to find out what's going on with your body......
The things us women put up with eh!!
Love Emmaxx

I did try a HPT. My period was 2 days late. and when I finally got it, it spotted for 2 days ad now today will be the 2nd day of heavier bleeding but it's not bleeding more than normal. Yesterday I also had some cramps but nothing too bad. But its really weird I have bumps on my nipples and I feel nautious sometimes and tired like at 9:00 everynight when I usually don't go to bed til around 10:30 or 11. I have also been eatting more than normal. My bf keeps saying he thinks I am pregnant and that I am just worrying over nothing.

I don't know what's going on. I figured I was preg because of the bumps on my nipples, they've never been there before. Been taking tests and they ALL come back neg. It has only been 3 weeks since we had sex right at the time I was ovulating, so maybe I have to wait until my NEXT period? What do you think?

i think it would be wise to test now. let me know too cuz i been told to test by dr as she thinks it is implantation bleeding. congrats if you are and good luck hun
from fiona

Well i found out that my mom had periods for 2 months with each pregnancy and there are 4 of us (3 girls and 1 boy), and the hpt's came out negative until she was about 3 months along, and the same with my husband's mother with one of her pregnancies..weird eh?

What strikes me is the fact that I am eatting every 2 hours and I woke up at 6am today ON MY DAY OFF to eat and pee, my bladder was full. I NEVER DO THAT even when I feel hungry I usually am too lazy to make anything but this time I almost started to puke. It was really weird. This all started yesterday. I ate literally every 2 hours and I ate ALOT man. I also have the mammory glands on my nipples but the weird thing is I received what I think is a period but it is lighter than normal and it was 2 days late.

This happened to my friend Karry and her sister. They were both pregnant, Karry was 4 months along and KNEW she was pregnant, kind of how I feel. The doctors wouldn't do a thing for her so she switched doctors. She went in and said I know I am preg, and they did another HPT and it showed Neg. So they did an ultrasound and she was indeed 4 months pregnant, so it just goes to show that it CAN happen ladies. And my mom is proof of that. I am not saying that it ALWAYS happens but that it IS in fact possible.

Good Luck to all!