I've been very good at being on time every month for my O' so wonderful period. Last month i was 3 days late and then BAM!!! CRAMPS so bad i dropped to the ground (i was jogging at the time). Then came heavy blood flow. This month I'm late again, 8 days late, but the 5th and 6th day i had very light spotting, too light to even were a tampon or a light pad. I took preg test on the 4th day and it came up neg. So im confused as to what's going on? Any ideas? ?

Hi Cessna! I too am trying to get pregnant...no luck yet though! I have been reading and reading and reading about ovulation, conception, implantation...probably too much because i start to imagine myself having pregnancy signs/symptoms. Anyway, I have some ideas, but don't take what I say as the whole truth, please. From the way you describe the 3 days late, then horrible cramps and heavy flow, it sounds like it could have been a very early miscarriage. Most women don't even realize they are having an early miscarriage; they just assume it is their period. OR - it could have just been your period a few dates late. Again, I am not an expert.

Have you taken another pregnancy test since the 4th day late this cycle? This sounds like implantation bleeding, however, you wouldn't probably have had enough pregnancy hormone to show a positive HPT, until after the spotting (or implantation bleeding). I would highly suggest taking another pregnancy test, because now, if it was indeed implantation bleeding, you should be able to get a positive HPT.

That is all I know. Good luck! Keep us updated :-)

Thank you babyblues1222, I did take another pregnancy yesterday, that will have been my 8th day late, and negative:( again. Still no period and no more spotting either. So i don't know, i scheduled a doc's appointment for next week, so we'll see. Thanks again for your help!

Sure! Not to get your hopes up or down, but some women don't get positive HPTs...it takes a blood test for them. Good luck! Keep us posted :-)

Cessna, can you let us know how your test at the doctor's goes? I would like to hear how you are doing. THank you!