ok, my period should have been at the end of last month, i still havent gotten it. last thurs. i went to get a pelvic exam and they sent me for an ultrasound which was negative and a blood pregnancy test which was negative. still no period. i have had pregnancy symptoms which i read could also be related to pms symptoms. now i got some major cramps and had some brownish spotting, no more cramps. all is fine. im confused at whats going on. i did find out recently that the guy i was involved with doesnt have anymore then very close friendship feelings for me, and it caused an emotional depression, they put me on antidepressants, its been about 4 days since i have started to take them. i have spotted before but it was pink or red, and then i come on my period usually, i did spot for 6 months 2 years ago, and it was red or pinkish.

has anybody ever had this? im not sure what to think.

Blood tests for pregnancy are 100% accurate. However, if done too early they will show a negative result. Stress/depression can cause your period to be late or to skip.

Blood tests are not always correct, especially if they don't do the 'count' blood test. The 'count' blood test will check the specific amount of HcG in your blood, and the other type will only register HcG if a certain amount is in your blood, which will show negative if you have a very low amount of HcG. I recently had an experience with this, and it went as such. I missed my cycle at the end of August, and took a HPT which was a very faint positive. I went the next day and had a blood test (the second type I mentioned) and it was negative. Another month passes and I miss my cycle again in September (and I still have ALL pregnancy symptoms just like August only worse now). My husband convinces me to take another HPT and this time it is DEFINATELY positive. Two dark blue lines. I'm sure I was pregnant last month and I'm pretty upset that my hospital doesn't use the 'count' test. Yours might not as well... you should consider retesting if you still think you may be pregnant.

In July I had a light period, in August my period was two weeks late. Which it started then stopped and was light as well. Then September came by and I didn't have a period at all. I am having all these pregnancy symptoms. I took the at home test in august and it was negative and then a blood test in september around the time my period was going to start and it came back negative as well. I'm still having symptoms and I am considering taking the blood test again in a few weeks if I feel the same. I didn't know about the other blood test until recently.

Not all blood tests are a 100%. In December I was told I was pregnant after taking a blood tests and two days later I found out I was not by another facility.

Psychotropic medications can cause periods to be irregular. I had a girlfriend who took them who got no periods for six months. And then, later on, kept getting two periods in one month.