I am 46yo and for the past six years, have had very erratic periods.. In the beginning of my peri-menopause, my periods were very flighty.
They would start on time, but some months I only bled for two days, and that was my period. As I got closer to my current age I am bleeding 10x heavier than I ever have in my entire life. My last period was so heavy that on day 1, it appeared, I was peeing blood, that's
how fast the blood was coming out of me...

So back to my GYN I go to discuss more options b/c I'm getting sick and tired every freaking month. Every month I am stuck in bed, 2 days before my menstrual cycle starts, b/c I am so tired I can't get up some months. My gyn told me about a procedure called Endometrial Ablation. In fact, someone else was discussing that subject here but I wasn't able to obtain any information regarding that.

Could someone, anyone, help me regarding Endometrial Ablation? I've researched it on the internet, but I feel like I'm reading a text book and that's NOT what I want... I want to hear from real people who've experienced real symptoms to warrant this outpatient procedure...

Thank you,

Suzy

Hi Suzy! Many women are going for the Endometrial Ablation other than the alternative - a hysterectomy! It is of course less evassive and less recovery time - virtually non actually! What happens is the doctor fill your uterus with a gas - so they can see the ENTIRE lining and then they basically burn or freeze of most of the uterine lining. Thus stopping menstrual flow or GREATLY reducing the flow! There are several ways they do this, radio frequency, electrical stimulation, balloon, water etc. And then they suction out the destroyed lining! You can usually return to work within in a day or 2! This way the Ablation doesn't mess around with your hormones - such as a hysterectomy! And thus you don't go instantly into menopause! There is usually a watery discharge after but NOTHING like after a hysterctomy! Hope this helps you and I am sure you will be thankful for not having to be out of it every month! Good luck and health!

thank you Bambi, i am having this done on the 27th, and have been nervous about it.