Quote:

Anonymous wrote:

Hi my name is ashley and i only have a left kidney. I found out when i was 16 because i have a double uterus and was in serious pain and had to go to the hospital. I went through a ton of tests and found all of this out and i had to get two surgeries. Now that im 18 i really want to get a tattoo but was told by my mom that it might be dangerous to my one kidney but i looked online and couldn't find any info on it. Does anyone know the risks?

my sister has a tatoo she has a right kidney and two wombs she has not had any side effects at all

Not discounting your post, but I would pose this question to a Nephrologist before taking the steps to tattoo. Just to be safe. Everyone is different. Be blessed.

I'm Savta. In 1998 I was a renal donor to my Dad. During the arteriogram they found me with a aneurysm on the vessel leading to the right kidney. Normally they "take" the left kidney to transplant. In our situation, the doctors at Vanderbilt University Hospital took a vessel from my Dad's leg and repaired the right kidney. Surgery was successful. Kidney began working the minute they placed in my Dad (per the surgeons).My Dad (a insulin dependent diabetic from age 21) got 10 extra years, and could have been more. He died of a heart attack at age 77. My Dad's kidneys were fine until the Veterans Administration Hospital continued to give him medication he was allergic to and they blew his kidneys...pursuant to the kidney biopsy they performed. If I were Ashley I would seek the advice of a Nephrologist before tattooing. Have you perhaps entertained the thought of henna tattoos instead? Watched my Dad go through dialysis. Not pretty. I wouldn't jeopardize that one kidney for anything in the world. I take care of mine like a baby..watching protein and potassium intake, eating healthy. Be blessed Miss Ashley.

I only have one kidney and I was born that way. I didn't know nothing about it till I was 13.

my baby is goin on three months and she was born witonly her right one as well an i love her to death....

I just found out my son has only kidney how dose this happen

I also have a double uterus and one kidney :) i also have 8 fairly large tattoos.. i have never had any issues with the combination....there shouldn't be any reason to be concerned about that. The ink does not enter your blood stream. So have fun and get some good work :)

hi i am going to be 29 this march and today i discovered that i have only one kidney in my body .. i am fond of sports activities , i do rigrous work out in gym , i play cricket, TT, badminton .. i never had any problem while playing or workout in gym.. you must not worry every thing is fine .. you son is a great gift to you .. same lies to my mom (gift like me) stay blessed

***Post is edited by moderator *** Web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

It is fairly common. I was born with one kidney. It should be okay. I did not even know that I was born with one kidney until an ultrasound found only one kidney when I was 28.

it should not alture anyting to do with pregnancy and it being the other kidney shouldnt matter either its just that most ppl with this birth defect have the right 1 like me and i also found out in a car accident when i was 13 i am now 23 loosing weight was hard but they also had me on alot of pills when i was a kid because of mental issues that i will not get into but having 1 kidney increases the chances for problems with medication i was hospitalized from them because i was unable to eat or drink for a month because they overdosed in my system so when on meds u have to keep an eye on them if they start making u feel weard after a few weeks of taking them tell your doc

Hello any update about you baby with one kidney? Im having the same problem now with my baby girl im 22 weeks pregnant

im 36 and a yearly work medical found blood and protein in my urine so i was sent for a ultrasound scan and it shows i only have one kidney the right one which is enlarged, (apparently thats normal to compensate for the other one) i was very shocked as i have lived a very normal and mostly active life and never in a million yrs did i ever think i only had one kidney, doctor says that explains the blood and protein in urine, but what i dont get is in the 10yrs i have been having medicals at work (urine and blood preassure tests etc) nothing was detected until now?? im going to make sure i look after myself extra now that i know this with blood and blood preassure test every 6 month, plenty of water and healthier foods

Not sure if u read this but if u have left kidney check to see if your uterus is formed properly. I have one kidney in left and my uterus is not formed properly. ..it is half the size it should be, I will say do MRI to make sure your uterus ovaries and tunes are OK.

Is this true?? Your dad did not find out until he was 85?

Congenial one kidney