Left kidney is no functioning. Doctors is telling that they will remove.

Hello I'm 36 Years old and just found out that I only have one kidney and that is my right one .
hard for me but I am goin g to make it though.I never in all my years knew that I had one neither did my mother until now.

I just had a CT Scan for an non-related issue and at 49 years old just found out that I have only one Kidney on the right side. My mom was a chain smoker and we all know smoking causes birth defects. I'm curious to know how many others on this panel had a mother who smoked during pregnancy. I also have a brother who has a birth defect and can't hear out of one ear and I had another brother who passed away with Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) at 3 months old.

I'm male, 62 years old. After being rear ended in a pretty serious car accident and lower back pain ultrasound showed and seriously atrofied shrunk right kidney and a lesion on my left kidney. Blood test later showed 58% function. MRI later showed no right kidney at all? Any explanation for this , is it from accident or could i have just been missing one? What should i be worried about. Would I need dialysis at some point. Any ideas anyone. I am also diabetic.

My husband and his brother was both born with 1 kidney each.what are the chances of that.it makes me wonder if hes other brother and sister are the same