Since of late I find it almost impossible to control my emotions. For the slightest emotional disturbance/upset I get the feeling of that so called lump in the throat feeling making the voice impaired, unable to talk properly and at the worst I start crying. I do not have the will-power to control same.

Why is this? Is it a psychological or a physiological defect? It has become so acute I try to evade social events. Can I please have a solution for this status.

This is nothing to be afraid of. You are simply sensitive, having sensitive emotions can be caused by a number of things: Stress, Problems with family, Problems with work, Depression, Neurological Medicine, and just the plain old sensitive person. Most of these..Well almost all of them all turn back to Stress.

Hallo,
I am not sure if this is only cased by your brain. In my opinion this can also be caused by some physical problem in your body. For instance if your hormones are not functioning in your body regularly you might have these problems with emotions. Have you had any tests done at the hospital? If you are considering to see a doctor you should ask him to run some hormonal test. On the other had this can be caused by stress or anxiety. If you are having problems at work or at home you might notice this problem. Emotions are very interesting and some people just have hard time controlling emotions while on the other hand some people never show their emotions.