Hi, im 16 years old. About a 2 months ago i was diagnosed with a mild case of epididymitis in my right testicle. My testicles have always been straight and even, but 2 weeks ago I started noticing that my right testicle hangs lower than my left and that my left testicle is farther forward then my right. It also appears that my scrotum is somewhat crooked. I am not in any pain at all. When the Doc diagnosed me with epididymitis, he told me to start wearing briffs instead of just regular boxer to get extra support. Is the unevenness an effect of the wearing briffs, or something else? Should i be concerned about this?

It is natural (in fact, necessary) for one testicle to hang lower than the other once you finish puberty. It prevents them knocking together. Almost all men have one testicle slightly lower than the other.

i was also diagnosed with epididymitis, and this is my second time and now im noticing the same thing, although its my left teste lower, and right up and forward, and now the right is a bit swollen. Now i know that after puberty 1 nut hangs lower, im 17 and i can tell the difference between the little bit of leeway or one actually hanging lower... i would actually like to know y this is, its not puberty.

Yes, no two testicles hang at the same level.

Epididtymis doesn't affect the height of a testicle.

Don't worry.

I have the same. Affected testicle is higher and in front of other testicle and also swollen a bit. It's not hanging naturally like it was before. This isn't a puberty situation. It's an effect of the epididymitis and the medical community owes it to thousands of men to determine what is causing this and create a treatment.

I am having the same problem and I am 44! I have been diagnosed with epididymitis, my right testicle was pulled so high st one time it appeared to be getting pulled back into the canal. it is not quite that high currently but is still abnormally high and sitting forward so that it is quite uncomfortable espically when sitting

i have been diagnosed with epididymitis and find it ok most of the time but when i sit down i get an aching pain which last quite a time is this natural.

You guys gotta get out more. 8-|
So, when you sit down for long periods of time (like days on end), the muscles that hold the testicles up weaken and cause one of the testees to hang lower. When you stand up abruptly and try to exercise the muscle it gets microtears.

There is an increased risk of contracting epidytimitus, but if you had that, you'd know because it would hurt like Hell. It's also usually something that you get after having an STD.

So, you can wear an athletic support when you sleep or sit down for long periods of time so that the muscles can rest and then use boxers when you're going to be out. Just cycle them.

When I was in med school, they had all these studies about how 'video games and extended TV watching made the balls shrink'. It's just my hypothesis, but I used to study long hours.... I noticed this problem in myself. Actually, it bothered me for several years. Tried antibiotics and some other stuff with no success. Saw a urologist who said, "If it is epidytimitus, it's a really minor case." Picked up some of these studies. Started hiking twice a week, and I never had the same problem, again.

I was having my testosterone levels checked at that time, also. I was a little depressed. So, I found out that my testosterone levels went up. That was nice to know, though I didn't actually intrinsically notice that a whole lot.

I have some other tips and ideas, also, but this is the only thing that definitely worked for me. Get off yer butts. They aren't meant to be cushions. ;-)

I was also diagnoses with a mild case of epididymitis on the left testicle.  Then a few days later I noticed my right testicle was lying higher and flatter in the scrotum. It's been very unsettling and every urologist says there is nothing wrong.  I then received a diagnosis for "Athletic Pubaglia" due to MRI results showing torn abdominal muscles and torn adductors.  I have not gotten surgery for that since the surgion said that the testicle issue is not definitely going to go away even after surgery.  Has everyone else ruled out athletic pubalgia?  If that is a commonality among us then that might be the solution.

hey i am 17 and i have beeen diagnosed with epididymitis due to trauma abt a month ago. the affected testicle hurt and after a week a lump developed(right at the top of the tetis). the lump can barely be felt now and the pain has ceased. however my testicles seem to hang differently with the affected testicle much higher and forward than usual. does anyone have this or knows if this is normal following epidymitis or trauma? it is worrying especially when one testicle moves directly in front of the other it freaks me out just looking at it.

thanks for any replies

Hey random guy. I also have that symptom where it looks like it's crossing over to the other side. I've had MRI of my pelvis and scribal ultrasounds. But the only diagnosis is the torn abdominals and adductor muscles.

Hmmm, similar problem here.
I think my left testicle has always been higher than the right, but I started noticing some very sharp pains in the left testicle a few months ago, and im sure that's when I noticed that maybe the one that has always been higher up began to hang even higher! I went to the docs about the pain.
I was very concerned (still am) about the possibility of testicular torsion.

The doc coudn't be sure what the problem was, but suspected epididymitus and gave me a week of antibiotics.
The pills did seem to work, although recently I am again experiencing some pain in the left, higher up testicle, although not as severe as before.

The testicular torsion idea still scares me. I read about someone who had had similar symptoms of on and off pain, and then one morning woke up on the worst pain imaginable - testicular torsion, and lost the testicle. 

Someone else in the thread also mentioned about getting more active.
I think he may have a point.
The pain in my left testicle 'usually' kicks in when i've been sitting down for ages. 
However, i do play sport twice a week, but I dont think that's enough to counter the  hours per day sitting at an office desk that most people have 
to endure.
Not sure of the solution.

Another possible theory I had was that too much sex/masturbation could provoke problems.
That's only my theory though.

i know one is naturally going to hang lower then the other but is it natural for one to be farther forward?

Yeah I Also have this I'm pretty sure it's normal for epididymitus.

I have the same symtoms but I also have nonstop pain sometimes excruciating.