Does anyone like to run in the rain. What gear do you usually wear? Its been raining all day and I REALLY don't want to resort to the tradmill tonight. :(

I typically enjoy it. And, just whatever I would normally wear plus maybe another layer.

I like to run in summer rain. I don't like winter rain. I get chilled too quickly. I usually run in a water-resistant running suit with a baseball cap to keep the rain off my face.

Ya, its raining - in December - in Canada. I think I'll have to settle for the health club tonight, I've never liked pneumonia.

Summer rain, I love it. Just shorts and shoes to run.

Winter rain... I loathe it. If it's not too hard I'll use a waterproof jacket, but if it's coming down I have to go to the rec.

Love to run in the rain except when its down pouring. Usally just where my normal gear with the exception of a ball cap!

I never minded. I even ride my bike in the rain.

Didn't make any changes to my attire.

The only thing different I did, was put some newspapers inside my shoes to dry them

I live just south of Seattle, I didn't know people didn't run in the rain. I wear what I wear everday, sweat shirt and sweat pants. Now sometimes they are pretty heavy when I get home, but it's only rain. If it's raining real heavy I have a sweat shirt that I have sprayed with scotch guard, but thats for the real heavy days. Here's a story for ya,

The other day I was out on the trail just like I am every Mon/Wed/Fri come rain or shine. It was a chilly day, upper thirties, not cold just chilly. About 5 minutes into my forty minutes run it started to rain. Not a slight drizzle, but rain and it was a cold rain. Well I plotted along and plotted along. As I came to mile 2 I noticed a man under a tree with his dogs, trying to stay dry as to not get too wet and cold. It was still pouring rain but now it was hailing. There's nothing like getting smacked in your cold wet face by hail, it is truely an experience that has no equal. I came to my turn around time which was nice because the left side of my face had all it could handle that day. So as I came along the man, still standing under the tree with his dogs. I turned to him, gave him a slight nod and said "a little wet out huh?" just to be friendly. His responce lifted my hail beaten head and made my stride a bit longer "yea, thats dedication on your part" he said as he moved his hand down his dogs back.

So now anytime it rains I will think of that and remember why I am doing what I am doing. I will keep my head up and push my wet body through the rain till its time to stop. I have decided its not the rain that bothers me, its the thought of not reaching my goal because if a little rain.

I love to run in the rain. As long as it's not tooo cold out. I'll only do it if it's at least 40 degrees.

Running in the rain is brilliant fun, just wear the same cloths as normal but put a cap and gloves on, I am fine with that

is it more fun than sunny days?
ive ran once at a cross country meet, but was too intent on
placing high to notice if if's fun...
i'll try it! :D

getgoin,

That is a great story.

i also like to run in the rain unless it's freezing. The more in shape I am, the less I mind the cold rain.

It was 55oF and rainy on my run today. I just wore a singlet and running shorts. I do have a worn out pair of shoes that I take out on rainy days so I don't get my current shoes all nasty.

As long as its not a downpour I don't mind it at all.

There's nothing like running in the rain - especially in the summer time. I just wear the usual - shorts and a tank top in the summer. However, during the winter I don't make it a habit to run outside - east coast weather can be pretty nasty. Wearing a baseball cap is a good idea, especially in the rain. Never thought of that one. :)