i had my period as normal and it lasted for 5 days then 3 days after my period had finished i started having a light bleed, its a redish brown colour and i am abit worried about what it could be. i had unprotected sex with my fiance 4 days into my period incase thats got anything to do with it! please if anyone has any advise, it would be very apprieciated. thanks

If your thinking of pregnancy, the likely hood of getting pregnant from having unprotected sex during your period is not high... although possible. BUT, the fact that your inquiring about the bleeding 3 days afterwards means that the bleeding has nothing to do with possibly being pregnant from the period sex.

Here's the break down:

First day of your period is day 1. A typical period is 28 days long... although many women are not like that. Like me for instance. mine is 31 days long. The length of one's period cycle varies greatly from woman to woman... but one thing we all have in common is that we all ovulate 14-16 days BEFORE our expected period. So for me, I don't ovulate on day 14 like everyone thinks happens. Because my period is 31 days long, I count BACK 14 days and that's when I ovulate, which is like the 17th. This is the only time you can get pregnant. You HAVE to ovulate inorder to get pregnant. when you ovulate, the egg has a 12-24 hour window to be fertilized. If it is not fertilized during this time, it begins to disinigrate and is no longer able to turn into a baby! But sperm can last for 5-7 DAYS in a women's uterus. So if you have sex 5 days before you ovulate then there's sperm just waiting there to fertilize that egg. That's how you get pregnant.

so having sex on the 4th day of your period is not likely to make you pregnant that month. So the bleeding is not from that.
However, if you got pregnant the previous month you could still have a period and spot through out the month. Here are some reasons for spotting in between periods.

Implantation Bleeding/Pregnancy
Miscarriage
Hormonal fluctuations
Starting, stopping, or missing oral contraceptives or estrogens
Low thyroid levels
Stress
IUDs occasionally cause slight spotting
Injury to the vagina from insertion of objects
Malignant cancers
Undiagnosed vaginal infections
Certain drugs, particularly anticoagulants
Vaginal dryness
GYN procedures
Some women have spotting during ovulation, which is normal

It's obviously not ovulation cuz it was too early.

Good luck- let me know if you have questions.