(I apologise for the lengthy post, just fairly worried and want to include as much info as possible.)

I started waking up one or two days a week with abdominal discomfort/pain between the bottom of my ribcage and bellybutton. Feels very acidic, almost like severe indigestion, except much more uncomfortable. Tried to ignore it until I started vomiting violently from the pain and went to my physician. She sent me for blood tests, was tested for the h.pylori bug, but everything came back negative. The pain started to worsen, and I cant see any similaritys between the foods im eating the day before it happens either. My diet is generally fairly good. But it always starts in the morning, waking me up and i find it gets worse if im lying down. I was also sent for a scan for Gallstones just incase, but nothing was found. Im only 20 so gallstones would be very unlikely anyway, but the pain isnt going away. When I get these 'attacks' they can last all day, up and down, but worsen again by night time. I struggle to sleep and have spent many nights on the bathroom floor for the past 3 or so months. The further into the 'attack' it gets I find my stomach grumbling uncomfortably loud also. The tell tale sign that its going to happen is the belching, its very excessive which is uncommon for me, and it has a very distinct taste (sorry for the tmi here), but I often feel very full of wind when all this happens too, my stomach also gets quite swollen. The pain also fades once I've vomited 3-4 times.

Im scared to go back to my doctor because the next step will most likely be an endoscopy. When I went to the hospital after a very extreme attack I was put on medication for ibs, pain killers and stomach acid reducing tablets, but none of them made a difference. Alcohol doesnt effect it and I often feel on top form the days that I dont get the pains, but I havnt gone a week for months without getting it. Really starting to make me worry because its not just going away like i hoped.

Did you ever get better from this?? I've had exactly the same symtoms and I have just turned 23 (female), it started in early November and it's now April! I have had pretty much all the acid tablets and anti sick tablets available from the doctor. I've had all the tests, it just showed up on an ultrasound that I had an inflamed stomach, with an enlarged gall bladder, they also diagnosed me with chronic gastritis but it is supposed to get better with time.

Please do let me know how you are! I have my next appointment with the Doc in May, this problem is getting beyond out of control, very fed up and I can't do anything as I'm always feeling sick and miserable. 

Thanks 

Sorry to hear youre suffering so much with this, it is really horrible to have to put up with just not knowing when its going to come back. I actually stopped experiencing it completely randomly after the last post, it just never cane back - well except for this one night later on in the year, but other than that i never had it again! Its so weird, though i am grateful not to have it anymore, i still fibd myself worrying it will come back out of the blue...and i find the more i worry the worse i feel health wise anyway which cant be helpful to keeping this problem at bay. But you say you were diagnosed with something? Has the medication the uselesd doctor's prescribed done you any good? I hopd like me your problem will stop soon enough, keep me up to date? I know how horrible all this can be, especially when at the end of it all and the doctors not knowing or finding anything wrong led to people thinking i was making it up! It was just generally a horrible period of my life, really feel for you still going through it all.

Oh and apologies for the terrible spelling errors, my phone has a mind of its own!