Hey everybody, 16 year old girl here. This has happened twice so far. I wake up in the middle of the night clutching my stomach and it almost feels like the flu at first because i also feel like I just broke a fever. The pain is like a burning sensation right in the upper middle part of my abdomon where i think the esophagus is but im not sure. My stomach is in so much pain that I have to get out of bed and crouch over on the ground. I can barely breathe and it feels like im having a heart attack. I have to breath heavily out of my mouth. This lasts for about an hour but i can never get back to bed after it. Its incredible scary and painful and both times i thought about going to the hospital but i have an extreme fear of hospitals and thought that it would pass. Its probably the most pain i have ever been in and its so random. What could this be? Is it serious?

I have experienced this on and off for many years. There is no other pain like it. Actually it starts as the worst ache you could imagine. The pain is so intense I cant move or speak. I aso feel I could be having a heart attack.The pain is always in the same place,just underneath my chest, the stomach.sometimes its acompanied by a sharp pain  that goes through my stomach to my back. A lot of the time i get  this problem  after i have been very phisical. Painting ,gardening, cleaning for a few hours. But not always. 

Most likely you are both experiencing gastric upset. Like a severe heartburn. I know you might say this pain is much worse than heartburn but heartburn can be extremely painful especially in that upper middle abdomen. If you have reoccurring "reflux" a regular dr can prescribe meds but they will usually just give you something like ranitidine which is over the counter at Walgreens. Try taking that next time if it helps it's probably acid reflux/heartburn. However you should always get checked out by dr. Lynda with ur sharp pain radiating around to ur back you could have gall bladder issues. I know going to dr sucks but sometimes it's worth it