My boyfriend has erectile dysfunction. He says it began after having a catheter inserted into his urethra (after having an injection of a numbing medicine). He had been diagnosed as having chronic prostititis and the catheterization was performed after a treatment of antiobiotics. Is it possible that the procedure could have affected his ability to achieve and maintain an erection?

I had the same experience when I was put into the ICU they put a catheter in and it never worked like they said it should and I started bleeding through it and up till they. Took it out and when they did it was like a huge pressure was released but since that stay in the ICU I haven't had an erection when I wake up or even just relaxing and a hard time even getting hard with a women or while masterbating. I don't know how to fix it Viagra and all that doesn't help I think it is a physical thing.

me too - in India (no health insurance and went for liver transplant and they nearly killed me) - I got Delly Belly and they carried on with tests (fasting) and I became dehydrated and my kidneys stopped working - I could not pee so the junior staff (despite having an ultrasound they could of referred to) inserted a catheter to try and drain urine (bladder was empty) - I screamed blue murder and it took several attempts to insert - since then my erections are almost nothing and I used to have them literally all the time- I am sure it damaged me - how can I get this checked

I had heart surgery and had complication and was in icu for 15 day in a drug induced coma ..and before I had my heart Surgery I was a solid 7 to 8 inch now im lucky to get hard or when I do it's only like 5inch it's taking a huge psychological toll on me I'm really depressed and I feel sorry for my wife of 20years and in her sexual prime I don't know what to do other then sex toys..I really thought seriously about going after the hospital for the damage but that won't make me whole agian..