Hello. I'm 41 year old male and I believe I have developed some serious urinary problems. You see, I have never experienced anything similar and that’s why I was so scared.
First of all I experienced problems with false urges to urinate.
I felt like my bladder is full but I simply couldn’t urinate and that’s all.
When I noticed that there is some strange whitish discharge coming out of my penis- I contacted my GP immediately.
He told me that there is nothing he could tell me until he put some catheter and that I should visit him again in two days. I've heard that this can cause scarring un urethra???

Hello. I know that this catheterization sounds pretty scary because no one really like to have a catheter in penis, but you shouldn’t think about it that much. I had one catheterization two years back and it is unpleasant but painless!
Think about it that it is for your own good!
Yes, you were right- there are several complications of catheterization and urethra scarring is just one of them.
This scar can lead to urethra stricture. The most common complication is of course- infection. You must know that all these complication could be avoided with professional work and appropriate sterilization of instruments.