I'm trying to start eating in a much healthier manner so I can drop my times just that much more and am finding that the hardest time to eat healthy is just snacking times. While at school my meal usually consists of 2 packs of the dry Nature Valley granola bars and a 100% apple juice. So far the only snack foods that I know of that are healthy enough are Trail Mix and dried and fresh fruit (mainly dried unsweetened pineapple and fresh Fuji and Pippin Apples.)

So here is my question. What foods can you suggest that are good to eat as snack foods anytime anywhere? Taste really isn't that big of a deal to me just the health value. Thanks so much ^^.

Hi Tracy - You're on the right track with dried and fresh fruit. Both are delicious and great for you! A few others options that I like are graham crackers, baby carrots, rice cakes, pretzels, low fat cottage cheese and yogurt or even fat free pudding. These are all easy to find and great to grab on the go. I hope this helps :)

I would agree with dried and fresh fruits, but would also like to add almonds (raw, unsalted), raisins, hazelnuts (raw, unsalted), nuts - these foods work wonders for me.

bananas. very handy fruit - you don't need to wash it etc

A snack is a small portion of food, as contrasted with a regular meal.The snack food market in India is valued at Rs. 1530 crore and is one of the largest markets in the world, out of which potato chips holds the major market share of around 85%.

There is no doubt in it that snake foods are the best but we should believe on the natural foods which are free from the side effects which we have to face in the future.

Bread omelet