Hi I work in the group home and I do take my resident to their own variety swimming pool. In this pool other residents share the pool with my residents. I was just wondering if I did catch the urinary tract infection from the pool. please let me know.

Hallo,

Urinary tract infection is very problematic condition that can cause much pain. It is usually caused by germs and bacteria that enter in to urethra and bladder. The problem with this infection is that it can easily spread to your whole urinary system. Women are more prone to get the infection the men. Now I know that they put substances in swimming pools to avoid any bacteria to stay alive in there. But if the pool that you were swimming is not taken care of regularly then there is a good chance that you might have gotten this in the pool. You have to know that sexual intercourse can also be a way to get the bacteria.