Hello all. I am a 24 year old male with overall great health! Im only 5'7.. I used to weigh 150 but I've lost about 15 lbs since this condition started (4-5 months). Every test to check my health to this point has shown no results (which, in a way, is a good thing). I've had a 24 hour fasting blood test, multiple urine tests, a CT scan, prostate exam, ultrasounds, and a cystoscopy. All show no irritation or anything that could be causing my symptoms. My symptoms are frequently and constantly feeling the urge to urinate. At its worst, the urge returns within 2-5 minutes and becomes unbearable about 15 minutes later. At its best, usually when I'm heavily distracted, I can hold my pee for about 2 hours and have a nice flow. When I go, I always stop, go, stop, then go again to finish. I try hard not to strain but sometimes I don't have a choice.. I need to go! There are times when my kidneys ache. They aren't in pain.. They just ache. Other than that I have absolutely no pain, burning, twinges - anything. Just the frequency and urgency. I've recently noticed white particles floating in my urine at times. Sometimes even black sandy particles at the bottom of the toilet. The 'urgency' is more of a tingle in my urethra at times, but recently it's been stemming directly from the lower part of my bladder. My urologist believes that I have IC.. However I don't have any pain and foods that should irritate my bladder don't. I can drink alcohol, caffeine, eat tomatoes, etc. Whenever I poop it's at its worst. I can barely stand going through life with the strong urge to urinate completely overpowering me. When I have a full bowel I do not have the urge to urinate, which is interesting. Once I go though.. Forget it. I've become depressed, feeling trapped that I can't pursue careers, women, or dreams. I've become anxious, anticipating the next urge always. I'm at a severe loss and come to my absolute wits end. Please - anyone with any kind of insight please share! I'd greatly appreciate anything you could share! I'm scared I'll never shake this. Current meds: Sulfamethoxazole, cranberry pills, vitamins d and c, b vitamins, myrbetriq, multi (all daily) Past meds: Cipro, anti-inflammatory Thanks, Crave

Hey there I'm sorry to here of your condition I can imagine it can be quite debilitating at times.... At first glance I would agree it sounds like IC... Are there any foods your eat or drink that make it worse? Have you been tested for stds? Can you explain more of what it feels like in different situations like after drinking a lot of fluids or eating different foods? Thanks

Thanks for the reply. Foods don't really affect me. I've been experimenting with the problem foods and nothing really changes or becomes worse. My bladder was distended recently and a biopsy is being sent out to check for IC. I didn't show any major irritation though. I'm at a loss. Could it be nerves? The whole after a bowel movement urge is the worst of all and can linger for hours. Honestly, I don't know :( The worst situation is waking up in the morning. I go at least 5-6 times before I walk out the door, in the span of one hour. After that the day is always random.. Could be awful, could be decent, but I always have the urge. At one point I was peeing 'major' amounts of blood (not visible). However, the NEXT DAY, I didn't have any blood at all..

That is interesting I suppose it is possible for it to be neurological I would wait and see what the biopsy results show and then go from there when you say you Pee large amounts of blood was that detected a dipstick or was it seen in a microscope or was your urine in red?

My urine was very cloudy then.. And I thought wow maybe this is the bacteria finally coming out. I had it done at my doctors office so I'm assuming it was a dip stick. I usually feel better when I am well hydrated. My pee usually sprays as its coming out and like i said before I always go then stop then go and stop until I'm finished. It's almost like every week something changes. I used to have a strong urge stemming from the tip of my penis, right by the glans. That went away, along with the urge to go completely for about 3-4 days. Since then it's been back for months and not slowing down at all. It feels like my urethra is all dried out as well.

Do you have any problems with ejaculation?? Or any changes to the quality of your semen?

Actually yeah, over the course of this time I've ejaculated quickly. Not abruptly.. I can still control it. But when I masturbate or when I'm with someone its all too quick. I've never had that problem. And it's a little bit yellow now.. I'd assume from urine. My urologist didn't see that as a cause for concern fyi. Not saying it shouldn't be, just that's what he said.

The nurse called me and let me know the IC test was negative and benign. I still need to speak to the urologist

Hmm perhaps this is more of a neurological issue. And semen can be yellowish and still Normal . Does it still come out during orgasm?

Yeah. I was officially diagnosed with IC 2 days ago because of the presence of mass cells in my bladder. I'm not happy with the diagnosis and am currently seeking remedies for it. Hopefully I can put it in remission

Hmm mast cells usually indicate inflammation. Well it's not the best diagnosis but not the worst .... Did antibiotics help at all?

I feel like they did initially yes. The problem was completely alleviated for 4 days when I was taking Bactrim and an anti-inflammatory. I stopped taking the antibiotic like an id**t thoigh. I hate em personally, I know they can ravage the immune system. Anyway I'm not convinced whatsoever of IC. I was literally eating whole tomatoes yesterday and had no irritation or increase in symptoms.. I've stopped taking the anti-inflammatory and now I take a wide abundance of necessary vitamins everyday, eat healthy, and take myrbetriq for the frequency. I feel like I'm on the uphill towards a normal feeling bladder like I was a few months ago for those 4 days. I hope I don't have a setback. Seeing doctors stresses me out and now the thought of having to find another one and repeat tests sucks. Do you have any ideas? And thank you so much for talking to me

have you had blood tests for thyroid disorder?

No I never thought of that as a male