Hi, I don't know if anyone knows what's causing this.

I had a smear/pap test done about 4 weeks ago, then the following week I got my regular period. All was fine until last Sunday when I began a very light show of blood, and it's definitely vaginal. I don't know how much detail to give, but it's not typical blood, or menstrual blood. It's more like mucus or something with blood in it - it's really thick. I've also had abdominal pain, but it's extremely mild, and only just noticable when I sit/lie still. Also, the bleeding isn't constant, and is only a slight amount - not enough for me to even use a sanitary towel really

Also, I don't know if this is related, but I've not had sex for about 6 months (although I've been with the same partner for 11 years).The last time I did have sex it was really painful, but there was no bleeding or any sign of anything being wrong. At the time I put it down to there not being enough lubrication.

Is this just caused by my pap test, but if so why did it happen three weeks later, after I'd already had my period? The nurse who did the pap test didn't say there looked to be anything wrong, but I haven't had the result from the test itself yet. I've not had any stress lately, although I have been on a diet.

I'd be really grateful if anyone has any idea what it could be.

this problem is very common the bleeding is the rest of the period blood and that think mucus is located in the top of the vagina first u have to do a pregnancy test if it s negative u have to take pills in order to regulate ur period the pain is caused by the lack of hormons if are over weigt start a diet i hope i helped urs amira

iv got exactly the same problem. iv been taking the pill back to back so i didnt have a period why i was on holiday, however why i was still taking the pill i began bleeding very lightly, and have really bad pains in my lower part of my tummy. does anyone know what it could be ???

What sort of birth control are you taking right now? Somtimes birth control has a bad reaction with some people and you'll want to avoid it. Can you tell me which brand you're taking? Thanks!