Hi for the past year I have been suffering from excessive vaginal discharge which I thought nothing of but 2 days ago I came on 8 days early. And very lightly but last night I started to get heavy and was produce massive clots of blood and when I awoke this morning my Underwear was soaked through and so were my sheets.. I also feel really sick, dizzy and shaky should Isee a doctor or is it nothing to worry about. Any idea what this is....

The previous comment caught my eye, because this is exactly what is happening to my sister, however, there is no response to the previous question? What is going on?

My sister called me last night in tears because she feels like she is bleeding to death. She is soaking through pads like crazy with clots of blood that the pad won't hold!!! This has been going on for months. Her doctor put her on birth control pills to try to control, but apparently is now not working.

I know I've heard many woman complain of this problem with the only solution presented is a hysterectomy. How can this be? What is going on with these women and my sister? Please help!!

An answer to this question would be nice. I have been to three different doctors with three different diagnosis, but I am still bleeding with no end in sight. I just want the flow to stop. Can someone help, please?

I was wondering the same thing. I've been bleeding for 16 day's now with excessive clotting, headaches, severe back and ovary pain. I came across this site and wanted to share it with you. I hope you find it helpful.

http://patients.uptodate.com/topic.asp?file=wom_issu/4769

Hello. I am new to these forums. My wife has been bleeding and developing blood clots for the past 6 days now. We went to the doctor for some tests, but unfortunately we have to wait an undisclosed amount of time for the results come back.

So I decided to do some online research which led me here. I have read the link that has been posted and it was informative, but right now the word "Hysterectomy" scares me to death. We both want children, but I know some things are just out of our control.

Right now both of us are just hoping for the best. It is just another twist in this grand plan of life, and no matter what happens we will persevere.

Our best wished and love go out to everyone that are going through this same problem.

hi,

i have been seeing my Dr. now for a bleeding problem that lasted over a month, she did an ultra sound and found that my uterine walls we thick, so she put me on a drug called megace. that stopped the bleeding within 3 days.

it was suppose to thin the walls as well but it did not work.
so, last monday i was in the hospital to have a D&C with a hystoscopy.(sp)

she said that if this started again that other things could be done to stop the bleeding and stop the pain that goes along with it. She also said that if Dr.'s can prevent a hysterectomy they do. One of the things that can be done is Novasure. http://www.novasure.com/

also i have blogged what has been going on on our family website. http://www.barnyardbbs.com/Jess/Blog/

i hope that this helps

I was relieved to read that there are so many other women having the same experience that I have had. Since October 10, I have had excessive bleeding with massive clots. I wear a tampon and two super absorbent pads that I change often during the course of the day and during the night. I have no pain, no discomfort, just concern. I'm againt taking birth control pills and/or a hysterectomy, but would still like to know the cause of all this bleeding. I feel like I'm dying.

No response yet? I'm in the same boat. It's January 4, 2008. How are you doing, Menetti?

i had my tube tied (only have 1) in may of 06. Since then my periods have NOT been normal. For the past 10 months I have had SEVERE clotting with heavy bleeding and long periods. I went to the doctor in November and he put me on the pill. i began this pill in on december 2, i have not stopped bleeding since then and my clotting has gotten worse. I quit taking the pill about 2 weeks ago hoping that maybe i would stop bleeding. I know how you all feel. I cant take this anymore. Having to wear a tampon and a pad ALL the time. It is not sanitary to constantly wear a pad or a tampon. I only have 1 tube and ovary (left side). i have sever pain right where my ovary is and i swear that sometimes it feels as if i am pregnant and the baby is moving on my right side. My doctor is not in any hurry to find out what the hell is wrong with me. I also feel like my tube is falling out of my vagina. It is like i can feel it hanging on to my body with a thin piece of meat. I have not had sex in almost 2 months and speaking of sex, when i was able to have it, it was SO painful when my husbands penis was fully in me i would have to yell out in pain. He thinks that i am just "faking" the pain, but believe me there is no faking to it. The pain was so bad, i did not want to have sex. I am so concerened and scared. I have been feeling really tired lately and i think that i am slowly bleeding to death. I just wanted to share with you all. I am at my wits end!!

I too have had similar circumstances. I'm completely stressed about this thinking something is horribly wrong with me. I had it happen where I bled from Dec 5th to January 15th 40 days!!! it stopped on the fifteen and when it started again on the 2nd of february I was hoping it was just my regular cycle again, but no such luck its the 9th now and normally my periods are 3 days long and my blood clotting is making me change my pad almost every hour its absolutely horrific. The clots are the size of the old silver dollars (the big ones). I dont know what else to do.

If anyone has any ideas please help. I'm wondering if I should go to the ER

Yes, Yes, Yes and Yes.

If you are bleeding to the point that you are using 2-3 pads a day, soaking through the sheets etc., the concern is that your body can not produce enough blood as fast as you are loosing it making you anemic. The some of the signs of Anemia are weakness, fatigue, a "cold" feeling and dizziness. You need to call your doctor as soon as possible. They are going to tell you to go to the Emergency Room.

i have been bleeding for 2 or 3 weeks per month i had missed my last period and now is bleeding heavy and clotting,
went to doc and he send me to A&E where they examined me and gave me some medication to stop the bleeding i have tyo go back for a scan they had said to me it may be the eggs are collecting and not releasing one a month there coming all at once and is causing this heavy bleeding.

i have had 2 children first was easy to concieve my 2nd one took over 4 yrs to concieve now its taking it's time fopr me to concieve again i just can't catch on.

Yes , I am 29 years old and I have had the same things happening to me and the doctor didnt know what was really going on and I seen another person on here say something about megace for stopping the bleeding well I was given the same thing and it had stopped me for a few days but then I started back to the bleeding heavily and passing of blood clots like I havent ever seen before, so I was looked at and poked with needles and all that and they didnt really figure out what was really going on. But something gave a red flag and alot attention to I when I was 24 I got on the ortho evra patch and the effects from it cause my body to do alot of different things and cause my body to do things that wasnt good. So the options were to get a tubal done to see if anything changed in the bleeding and such, but about 2 weeks after my tubal I started bleeding once again and then the other option wasnt what I wanted to hear but I had to have it done if I wanted to stop bleeding, So I had to get a hysterectomy done then the bleeding had stopped.... So if anyone has ever been on the ortho evra patch beware it comes with more than preventing pregnancy it comes with worse things you couldnt imagine, So beware and maybe think of another way of preventing pregnancy other than this patch.........

I want to reply to all you women wondering if you are bleeding to death as I wonder the same thing. I went to the Dr. and thank God I am fine, although I am bleeding and clotting like crazy. This morning I got such severe cramps I had to go sit down where I promptly broke out into a horrific cold sweat and got so lightheaded i was afraid i would pass out. Sorry to be so graphic but I went to the ladies room and passed a clot large enough to be the size of a fetus. The pain is gone but now i am dizzy and lightheaded. i'm 50 so I'm guessing it's menapause but it has come on so intense and so rapidly that it freaks me out. has anyone else experienced this? Please let me know!!

I'd like to add to this forum. I started having an abnormal (not that it had ever been normal to start), cycle in August/September 07, by November the back pain had gotten so severe that I needed to go to Urgent Care to get a shot for the pain. When I finally made it to my doctor she sent me to a radiologist, where I had a vaginal ultrasound and I was diagnosed with endometrial hyperplasia, basically, the lining of my uterus was too think and not shedding in the normal fashion and the build up had become so much that it wouldn't hold anymore, hence the massive flowing. The clots were the older parts of the lining breaking off.

So the solution according to my doctor was a D&C (dilation and curettage), which I had done the Friday before Christmas last year. All was well until mid February when my cycle started again, but refused to stop for longer than a period of two - three days. So now I'm back in the heavy flow, large clots again, and I'm confused by what's going on. The back pain is still there and only due to medication have I managed to keep the pain away. I'm going to be seeing the doctor in the next two weeks and I'll let you know what she says. I'm hoping she has a solution, because I would like to do the things I used to do without having to worry if when I stand up there's going to be a red spot in the chair or on my clothing.