I recently went to the gyno and found out I have HPV. I was devastated and broke down in the office. She told me i have a very mild case and that I shouldn't worry because at my age (20) it will most likely clear up on its own within a year or so. She almost didnt notice it because I only have a few tiny warts that look like skin tags. Just looking for some other stories about this. Im really scared and really upset still, I had NO idea I had this. :(

Also now I am paranoid and looking at myself I have what I think/hope are papules on my vagina. They are very noticeable when I stretch the skin, barley there if i dont. I'm just worried that this is yet another problem. Can anyone give me more info about this? Does anyone else have these? I'm having a hard time finding info online.

hi, yeah i have the same story in fact exactly the same but i haven't been to get checked im just hoping its papules

They've been there for around 4 month and haven't changed at all %-)

Hi there! I just went to Planned Parenthood today for the same thing, they've been there for a couple weeks and she diagnosed them as papules. I don't really know what they are. The doctor didn't test me or do anything but examine them. She said they're definitely not herpes and they're not wart-like.

But don't worry! For a week before I went in, I prepared myself for if I really did have HPV or herpes. And y'know what? It's okay! Most sexually active people contract some form of HPV at some point in their lives! That, and I also read that if you have the warts, you more than likely DO NOT have the strain of HPV that gives you cancer. I'm not sure how credible that is, but I read it in a few different places. HPV is just a thing. It's not something you should strive to contract, but it's not the end of the world! Life goes on! :] Just get pap smears to make sure your cervical cells are all in order and get something to treat the warts. It's a little bit of an inconvenience, but eventually your immune system might build up enough to supress the symptoms of it, so you'll more than likely be fine, don't worry!

...And hell, I don't know that I don't actually HAVE HPV. My boyfriend is in the army and when he comes out here on leave in June for my eighteenth birthday/graduation, I'm gonna go to my actual doctor for a full pelvic exam, but I think I trust the doctor at Planned Parenthood...I don't know what to think. Just don't worry about it, make sure you're healthy and remember, life goes on!

Best of luck!

Hi. I know it's been awhile since your post, but, you did ask for other stories. I have had hpv (high risk for cancer kind) for almost ten years now I was 23 when diagnosed. I frequently have check ups because they are always abnormal. I have had two biopsies and one surgery to remove misbehaving cells. It's kind of a pain but I know that it will keep me from getting cancer. When your immune system is doing good things will be under control regardless of which kind of hpv it is. Under stress and other things it can flare up. Which is why I have had so many problems lately. The guy I am with now is completely wonderful. I told him about his risks before we ever got physical. It never changed how he felt. Other than more frequent pap smears a year (because of my flares due to uncontrolled stress) life has been fine. I worried most about what a man I cared about would think (which can weed out someone you don't need anyway) because I knew frequent check ups could prevent the virus from becoming cancer.
Best of luck to you! It's only been a minor inconvience for me :-D