I need some info about possible side effects of taking lortab and alcohol together. My brother had a mild car accident almost 2 months ago-he injured his head and left shoulder and he is now taking lortab as pain killer but the problem is that I have noticed he started drinking too much of alcohol in the meantime and I have become pretty much concerned over his lortab and alcohol consumption habit and where all this could bring him up to.

Lortab is very effective pain killer (my brother was taking it also for he ruptured his leg but he never developed no lortab addiction) but only if it is taken as prescribed and if it is being taking along with alcohol consumption than the side effects are much stronger –nausea, vomiting , sleep cravings, allergic reactions, skin rash , urinating troubles but whenever it is about lortab and alcohol consumption than it may cause some serious mental clouding in form of fears, anxiety, hallucinations and mood changes. Anyway if you think that your brother's problem with lortab and alcohol consumption has become that serious than you must make him somehow see his doc or even some psychotherapiest again just to warn him about some serious side effects of this drug and alcohol mixture.