Hi, I'm a soon to be 15 year old and I have done a self examination to make sure I was good, but I felt worm like things and researched that my varicocele was swollen. Knowing that it's genitalia and is my whole future, I am worried for this condition can possibly harm my future sex life. If this is serious to take action then please inform me what I should do. Thank you If you reply.

Hey Brandon I understand your concern it's never fun when we find something wrong with our manhood..... Vericoceles are generally harmless especially if they are only in one testicle. Have you hit puberty recently. Sometimes just the development of our testicles and spermatic cord my feel like a varicocele if we arnt familiar with it . I would not worry but know that if they get large they can cause some discomfort or can affect sperm cell development because the temperature of the testees and epididymis increase . But if your other testicle is not affected then you should be perfectly fine because one testicle can produce more than enough sperm cells to cause a pregnancy. Itbis probably a good idea to bring up the idea of a vericocele to your doctor when you go to your next physical. That way he can double check it. I hope this help. It's very good hat youn are doing self exams now a lot of kids don't and it could be very harmful if they don't recognize something serious .