Hey,
Is anyone familiar with loma Linda diet? What kind of diet is that? I hard there is medicine school called that way. Did they invented this diet?
Thanks for answer!

Hey,
Loma Linda diet is actually a vegetarian diet. Which means eat fresh fruit and vegetables. But that doesn’t mean you cannot eat meat- just not red meat; you can eat chicken and fish. Loma Linda diet is low in fat, but it is very unrealistic for an average person. At least it was for me. It is very restricted, that is why is very hard to follow. Besides every healthy person needs an exercise; loma Linda diet doesn’t mention it.

The Loma Linda diet started by the actual hospital is usually started as liquid only - sometimes it is entirely liquid & protein/vitamin mix only. From the multiple people I've seen on it - it provides great short term results but nothing lasting.

The Loma Linda Diet is a vegetarian diet, but that does not mean eating just fresh fruit and vegetables (salads), it means eating all plant based products, including grains, legumes, nuts, vegetables, and fruits (cooked or fresh) plus the tons of seasonings availble. It really is not restrictive...think of how many different kinds of eatible plants there are--compared to how many different kind of animals we eat!

Anyway, there are a couple of lose weight fast "diets" that Loma Linda also promotes. One is a diet that you start out with liquid protein shakes (as mentioned before). However, there is also the diet that two days out of five you eat only vegetables and then only fruit. Then the other days you add in the others (grains, legumes, nuts products). As mentioned the loose weight fast diets often are only temporary. However, simply changing to a vegetarian diet will cause gradual weight loss and is lasting.

I am actually on the Loma Linda diet right now. The version that I am on I got from a local radio station. One of the DJ's went on it. If you do a search on the internet for Bryan Cordell's Amazing Diet, that is where I found it. Also, this one allows you to eat beef for 2 days out of the week. You are, supposedly, guarenteed to lose 10-17 pounds in 7 days. The DJ here, I think, lost 21 pounds. It is more of a clensing diet, from what I understood. I hope this helps, and good luck! :-P

i have done the diet in the past with great results. there is confusion to it's origins and why it is called the loma linda diet. the city of loma linda, california is a predominately vegetarian community and is where loma linda university medical center is located. i've been a patient of said hospital twice for child birth and no one knew of the loma linda diet that includes 2 days of beef. the loma linda diet is also known as the cabbage soup diet, though there a several variations. certain foods are eaten on certain days along with the soup till you are full. it is true you can lose up to 17 per week if the diet is strickly followed. i plan on starting it on monday with a co-worker. goodluck!

I have been on this diet and it isn't vegetarian. It is a 7 day plan to make you lose weight in a hurry.You poop confetti for a week.lol.I just remember day four is bananas and skim milk. Up to eight bananas and eight glasses of skim milk. I never made it past this day.The next day I would have been able to have beef and tomatoes

I have a old copy of the diet and can not read all of it. Is There Anyone Who Can Tell Me Where To Find The Diet and Its 7 Day Meal. Please Let Me Know Where I Can Get It. Thanks, GOD BLESS ALL.

The version I have of this diet is a seven day plan, but also accompanied by a cabbage based soup. Here's what I have:

"Miracle Soup"
3 large onions
1 green pepper
1 whole tomato (canned or fresh - if canned use 8oz.)
1 head of cabbage
1 bunch of celery
2 carrots (if desired)
1 package onion soup mix

Cut vegetables into bite sized pieces and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Add the package of onion soup mix and other seasoning if desired. After the vegetables have boiled for 15 minutes, reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender.

This soup generates negative calories so you can eat as much of it as you want on every day of the 7 day diet.

The 7 Day Diet:

Day One - Just Fruit except bananas
You can eat all the fruit you want EXCEPT bananas. Melons such as watermelon and cantaloupe have the fewest calories. You are not supposed to eat anything except fruit on this day, or some of the miracle soup. (As much of that as you want.)

Day Two - All vegetables
Eat all the fresh vegetables you want, raw or cooked. Try to eat leafy, green vegetables but avoid dried beans, peas, and corn. These are good for you but are much higher in calories. Surprise -- you can also have a baked potatoe with butter today. Drink lots of water. Eat as much miracle soup as you want.

Day Three - fruits and vegetables
Same as day one and day two, but no potato.

Day Four - bananas and skim milk
Eat as many as eight bananas and drink as many as six glasses of skim milk. The bananas are very high in sugar and will help reduce cravings for sweets.

Day Five - Beef and Tomatoes
You may have 10 to 12 ounces of beef and up to 6 tomatoes today. Try to drink at least 6 glasses of water to wash away any uric acid in your body.

Day Six - Beef and Tomatoes
Eat until your heart is content of beef and vegetables. (No potatoes)

Now - I typed that just as it is written on the sheet I have, but I don't know if they mean all the tomatoes you want, or all the vegetables. I am guessing it means beef and vegetables since it clarifies that you can't have the potato again.

Day Seven - Brown Rice, Unsweetened Fruit Juices, and Vegetables
Gain - stuff stuff stuff

That's what the sheet says.

"Miracle Soup can be eater at any time you feel hungry. Have as much as you wish and as often as you like at any time of the day. This soup will not add calories, so eat all you want. The more you eat, the more you lose."

I know it's been a while since you posted, but hope this helps you out.

Thank You sooo much for posting the 7 day cleanse! I had a copy but part of it was ruined by water and i couldn't make everything out. I saved this to my computer and will always have it now!

This diet really works. I lost 20 lbs in 3 weeks about six months ago and it will not come back as long as you eat sensibly and start a moderate excercise program. It's very hard to make it past the days where you only have veggies/fruit but it's worth it if you can tough it out. I took Tylenol PM to help me sleep b/c the rumbling tummy made it hard to fall asleep. I got this diet plan from a nutritionist who did not recommend doing it more than 3 weeks in a row; but if you have a lot of weight to lose then just take a week off inbetween but make sure to eat healthy during your week off or the weight will come back. This diet is designed to get some weight off quickly but you have to make the permanent lifestyle change in order to keep the weight off for good.

Good Luck! :-D

I think it is confusing about what this Linda Loma Diet is and where it came from because there is a large community of vegetarians that have a high percentage of centenarians (people who live over a hundred) who never or barely eat meat. They are a part of the Seventh Day Adventist religion that stresses greatly on a vegetarian diet, but doesn't push it as an absolute priority. There is a lot of curiosity about this group and how they have achieved longevity through long term (most of them all their life) vegetarianism and they walk on the average of 5 miles a day since they live in a walking community where it is unnecessary to drive cars everyday unlike most of America.

lysaght wrote:

Hey,
Thanks for answer!

Yes there is "a medicine school called that way", and yes, they have a diet that is totally amazing. It has been called The Sacred Heart Diet and TJ Miracle Soup Diet and it WORKS!!! loose 50 pounds of fat or more if you stay on it and follow it to the letter.

Well thanks alot, I had this recipe and copied alot of them for all my friends but lost this recipe along the way some how. It is the exact same recipe I have been looking for so this is great I had it since the 80's believe it or not, just wondering how about you? Anyway Ihopeyou get this post, I know it has been 4 years for you, take care and again thanks alot. Willalee

why cant i copy this?