Hi, I have a friend who is a vegetarian. I don't mind her choice, but I do mind that she talks about vegetarians like they are so much above the rest of us "meet lovers" as she calls me. She is constantly trying to convert me to vegetarianism. As a crucial evidence to support her efforts she states that there are many famous vegetarians, but she never says any names. I am wondering are there that many famous vegetarians. Can you give me some names?

Hi, I support your attitude about the liberty of choices that everyone should have. But I don't like the way your friend is trying to impose her lifestyle to you. There are equal number of evidence that support her view and yours. Some scientists say that meet is a source of fat that is bad for our health. On the other side there are scientists that say no matter how healthy fruits and vegetables are, they are not the source of necessary proteins that are found in animal products, especially in the meet. You should be left the freedom to choose for yourself which theory is more appealing to you. I believe that being a vegetarian has become more of a fashion statement than the expression of person's true beliefs. When it comes to famous vegetarians I am afraid that your friend is right. Amongst the most famous are Albert Einstein, Bob Dylan, Dustin Hoffman, Johnny Cash, Kate Winslet, Melanie Griffith, Paul McCartney, and many, many more.