I am a 40 year old woman, who was trying to get pregnant for a bout a year. I have children the youngest being eleven. Anyhow, we gave up trying to get pregnant a while ago. For the last 3 days I have had this vibrating in my lower abdomen. Feels as if my cell phone is in my purse and leaning on my stomach. Thats exactly what I thought when it first started. Checked my cell phone about 5 times, obviously it wasn't that. Anyhow, have had it at home, sitting on the couch, and have had it layingon my side in bed, right before going to sleep. I thought it had to do with my breathing but I have held my breath and it still happens. It is almost consistent with my pulse but the"purring feeling" last for about 20mins with approximately 2 secs between "purrs." ( sorry, lack of a better word but thats how it feels, like i am purring like a cat).
Can anybody tell me if they have had a feeling like this, and what was it, if they ever found out? I was going to schedule a hysterectomy when i see my ob at the end of March.

Hi Lizzy! When you said "we gave up trying to get pregnant" does that mean you stopped having unprotected sex? Or that you just stoped focusing on trying?

1. When was your last period?
2. Are you usually regular?
3. IF you have been havin unprotected sex, what were the dates of these?

Hi Bambi. My last period was Feb 2 and i am usually between 30-35 days. i have not had the vibrating tummy for two days...but now my boobs r killing me. when i said we gave up, we just stopped thinking bout it...we have had unprotected sex for bout two years and still are....probably about 4 or 5 times a week. so we don't have particular days i can mention, we just have sex when we feel like it and not for any other reason. i habe been told by so many people that as soon as you stop trying and that stress is off your mind, thats when it happens...lol....think they are just trying to make me feel better...
As for regular stuff, well my periods about 8 months ago, got very heavy, and lots of bleeding in between, so they put me on steriods for a bit. at first my periods got more regular but very light. they increased the steriods and my period stiopped for two months, but i felt sooo boated and fat. people were asking constantly "when i was due", so i took myself off of them....since that i have had one period in the beginning of february and it was right on schedule, fairly normal... so i figure im due for my next period the week of march 8-13.

Hi Lizzy! Actually when you were told about the fact that a lot of women become pregnant after STOPPING is quite true! Stress and pressure are HUGE reasons for illness's and menstrual and ovulation difficulties! They can even make you feel pregnant - it is called Hysterical Pregnancy!!! It is amazing! So I know this is not scientific, but I think you might just have a winner here honey! Say breasts are a HUGE indicator of being pregnant! Also check your nipples and see if they are darker, of if you can see veins arounds your breasts! Does your lower back, groin, thighs, hips hurt? I will keep my fingers crossed that you do NOT get your period this month! XD

I am 33 years old married for 1 month and 17 days and I know exactly how you feel.  For the past three days I have constant vibration/movement in my stomach and my back is killing me with pain.  My husband want a baby so bad.  Last month I taught I was but on the 22 I had my period so far this month I don't have it yet and it is not due till the 22nd.  I have been reading vibration and movement in stomach and I wonder could I be p.  If not why the movement in stomach and so much pain.  I am afraid to take the text in case I am not and I will be so disapointed.