I'm 18 and have regular periods. I don't really PMS or cramp, but the week leading up to the start of my period, my breasts get sore. I'm kinda anemic so my period cycle is usually around 35 days or so. Anyway, last month I had no premenstrual indicators, and then noticed a very light brownish discharge in my underwear. This brown discharge has never happened and I am a virgin so there is no way I am pregnant or have an STD. I thought maybe it was the beginning of my period, though it usually starts heavily and tapers off, so I used pads and kept an eye on it. It lasted for 5-6 days, which is a few days shorter than my normal periods. Now this month it is happening again, about 25 days after the 1st. I'm wondering if this is due to my diet, since I have not been eating properly (but I never really do). It may be from stress with graduation coming up but I don't see why it would manifest itself NOW.. So I am really freaking out about this, any advice is appreciated, thank you.

It is probably normal, if your period comes early then it is generally lighter than normal. It may be the stress of graduation etc, but if you are worried go to a doctor

I'm having a similar problem although it's not quite the same as yours.

I've always had regular periods, since I was like 12...usually always came right around the same date every month. For the past few months however I am very irregular. I have a period and then the next month I might not even have one at all...but sometimes I do start spotting for a few hours here or there. I noticed that sometimes i get this brownish discharge...very very little of it, but it's still there. It also itches slightly from time to time and I can get a little burning sensation, but not very often. I also am a virgin so there is no chance of me being pregnant or having an STD. I was thinking it could be stress because it started around the time that i found out my grandma could have cancer and then she was diagnosed with it and passed away...it all happened so quickly, but it still hasn't straightened itself out yet, and thats what has me worried. Does anybody know what this might sound like? Thanks! :-)

I am 22 and I have had irregular periods for as long as I can remember. I didn’t even start my period until I was 17. In the past I have gone as long as a year without getting my period. I have taken birth control sporadically for the past 3 years but I am not currently on birth control. In December 2008 I had a laparotomy to remove a large cyst from my left ovary. Since then I have been getting my period regularly about every 35 days.

My period in June was due on June 19th (based on a 35 day cycle). I started spotting pinkish brown discharge on June 10th which was day 26 of my cycle. I thought maybe I was pregnant but as of June 16th the HPT is still negative. I then thought I was starting my period early or that it may be getting closer to a regular 28 day cycle. I continued to have this brown discharge for 6 days. On June 17th it was very dark brown. Then on the 18th I had normal period bleeding in the morning but almost no bleeding at night. The same thing happened on the 19th and 20th. I had brown discharge again on the 21st and now the 22nd I have very minimal pinkish brown discharge.

I have never had this sort of spotting or anything. My periods usually start out heavy and then taper off over about 4 days. I also have cramps, lower back pain, slight occasional nausea, and breast tenderness. I would think that I was pregnant if I hadn’t been spotting and bleeding off and on for the last 2 weeks. I do not have any STD’s as I have been with the same man for over a year and we have both been tested regularly. We have been having sex almost daily without protection for about 6 weeks.

Has anyone else experienced this type of bleeding and if so what caused it? I would not be concerned except that I am still experiencing the cramping, breast tenderness, etc. PLEASE HELP.