I have Von Willebrand Type I, and my husband and I are thinking about trying to have a baby. I would love to hear from anyone that has this disease and who has had a baby or has had problems during pregnancy. I recently got off the pill, which controled my periods. I was on them for 10 years, and was ready to be free of them. Is there anyone who can relate to this or has any information on this topic.
Thanks and God Bless!

Well, I just found out that I have VWD. My oldest son found out b-4 me ( about 1 1/2 months ). My ther 2 boys are clear. I have had 3 healthy pregnancies, so far?? Knock on wood>> Me and my husband are going to try starting next month ( one more time for a 4th child ) I hope I don't have any problems. I had a Miscarriage this last March. Then we found out that I had VWD so we are kinda early a little. How long have you had VWD ? I would really like to speak w/ you and share some info etc... Would you be willing to e-mail me on a personal level??? If so my address is ***

**edited by moderator** **e-mails are not allowed**

um.. my ex boyfriend just told me he has this disease.. type two though i dont know if a or b... and im very worried, I still have feelings for him but I can speak to him very often since he lives in another country.. so I just wanted to know really how bad it is? how does it affect your normal life?
What are the chances of the baby being born with the disease if one of the parents has it?

I have VWD, and have just had a baby, she is now 8 weeks and i am still bleeding! I was prescribed Tranexamic acid tablets to reduce the flow, which i found did not help. Before i had my little girl i had a miscarriage but they told me that the VWB had nothing to do with it so you should be fine. Im most affected with my periods, and it is horrible but if i knew that this would be the case after having a baby i would still have one. i now have really bad pains as well but i dont know if mine is something more than VWD, hopefully its not. If you have any more questions ask me!

I found that I have von Willebrand after my 3rd baby, so when having my 4th the hospital made a special plan for my birth. I couldn't have epidural because of the risk of bleeding in the spine (even though I had epidural the first 2 times, when we didn't know.... and I have no after effects). And they gave me desmopressin towards the end of the birth and tranexamic for a few weeks after. I didn't bleed that much during birth, but it lasted more than 2 months, but eventually stopped :-)

It doesn't effect my life more than heavy periods and that I get blue marks easily when bumping into something.

My eldest daugther has VWD as well, and I think my 7-months-old baby as well, since he bleeds very easily. The hospital wont check for a few years, so we just have to be carefull with him.

I have VWD i dont kno what kind but i have no medical insurrance i just wanted to kno is that the reason why i havent concevied achild yet? i get my period every 14 days for 8-9 days they slowd down to 5-7 but i still bleed alot in the begining so its like the same should i take birthcontrol for a few years and then try or ? what should i do im really confused and wanna know if i can have a baby or not .

yes i am having the same VWD disease with which i have delivered a baby girl who is healthy n is 3 years old now. Though i had to suffer p[ainfully during delivery...but my doctor had made pre preparation and God helped me have my beautiful angel!!!

I'm not sure if i have this disease or not yet. I recently had a baby, about 3 weeks ago, and have been having so much trouble with bleeding ever sense. I also had a c section. So, 10 days after i had my baby i started bleeding really really bad, i mean terrible. I bled through everything i was wearing in a matter of seconds, and it was accompanied with huge blood clots. Baseball sized and plus. This happened four times. The first two times i was perscribed methergine to help shrink my uterus and stop the bleeding but it didnt do anything. The third time i was taken in for a DNC and they found what was probably a part of the placenta left, they removed it and that was it. One for round of methergine and they thought everything would be better. Wrong. It happened again a week ago, and they did another DNC and found nothing. But my doctor said she gave me a multitude of clotting agents and the vwb factor that we lack if we have the disease. And i havent had any bleeding sense (knocking on wood..) which will be the longest i havent bled sense this whole thing started. And i just dont know if it is vwb, and if anyone else has this and knows its vwb please let me know!

I understand what ur goin though I have type 3 Vwd I find out I had it when I was 4 and I stayed in and out of tha hospital all my life and I don't have a child but would love 2 have 1 I just need 2 know what I can do 2 have my own baby

I have VW and only found out after having my baby who is now 2. I had c-section and bled for a year afterwards on and off. Was horrible.i ended up having to have a DnC and the mirena put in and go on the pill to control the bleeding. We are now trying for a second baby and worried we will have trouble. Just wondering if any one else has had trouble? Thanks

you're child could possible have it. my little brother is six years old and he suffers from it..he gets nose bleeds quite often, about 4 or 5 a month. He struggles with eating at times but he's very active. It may not be a walk in the park but it's worth it. I am a girl and honestly, vWD destroys me when I'm on my period, but it's worth it because I want to procreate one day :)

Growing up I suffered from massive nosebleeds, and I bruised really easily. I had also suffered from really horrible periods. Then at 22 I had twins, a boy and a girl. I delivered by emergency c-section. My delivery went fine, yet I suffered complications by bleeding for 9 weeks, i was put on the mirena, and it stopped the bleeding. it wasn't until 2013 that I found I had VWD because my son was showing the same symptoms. We took him to the Northwest Center of Hemophilia in PA. Lo and behold my son had it, I have it and my father as well. I've had one miscarriage.

Consult with your hematology team for answers! I have type 2M and my husband and I are working with my team on family planning. There are precautions they can take as well as meds they can prescribe to help with the bleeding before and after