Hi everyone, My OB told me i had lost my baby and that my levels were back down to 5 but i still have my pregnancy symptoms the only symptom i dont have is my boobs stoped hurting like 3 or 4 weeks ago, but i do pee alot and also my head hurts and my back hurts ALOT is this normal? is it possible that i could have been pregnant with twins and lost one? also arnt you suppoced to have an ultrasound to confirm that youv lost your baby? my OB didnt mention one at all all she said was to keep getting blood work done because i told her i still have symptoms and that shed call me as soon as my levels came back in. help?

Hi Hon: How would you OB know you lost your baby? Did you have massive bleeding etc. What led up to this diagnosis? I can help you more with that info!!!

Hi Bambi, no i had light bleeding with no cramps or clots and then they sent me for blood work to test my HCG levels to see if they were doubling or not, and they called me on May 12, and they told me that my HCG levels had gone down to 5, i had light cramps for like 10 mins one day and that was it but it wasnt even really cramps just pain but it subsided after a while. The day i started bleeding i had gone to ER and they said they found the Heartbeat but it was low, it was 79 insted of 180 but they told me if i rest and stay in bed ill most likley be able to carry my baby till term, and i did but then my OB said i had lost it due to my HCG levels.

(sorry its so long)

Thank you for any help <3

Hi: The best thing to do is get an ultrasound ASAP! MANY women experience light bleeding at the beginning of pregnancy, I always think that the brain didn't get the memo yet!!! ;-) So get that 1st, you HCG levels can be a huge indicator what is going on. BUT you have to remember there are a LOT of women out there who's pregnancy test showed negative - due to low HCG levels - and are ACTUALLY pregnant. So you need to get the big answer here. If you still are pregnant, they need to see what is happening with the heartrate etc. If you have unfortunately lost the baby. Then they will also need to know that everything is OK! If they found the baby's heart beat - without an obvious ultrasound, then you are/were far along. If they used an ultrasound to determine the heart rate, they need to do another one. Please keep me informed and Good luck hun!

Thank you so much, you have put me at ease. Im only 17 and its im i know its hard going though this but im young, and all i want is my baby to be healthy! I dont think iv lost my baby but my HCG levels are so low, also they did use a vaginal ultrasound to determine the heart rate at the hospitol when i was 7 weeks, if im still pregnant ill be 10 week on May 19.

Again, thank you so much

I hope all you want to happen becomes reality!!! :-) Do you have support hon? I hope you do - no matter the outcome! Please keep me informed OK? Also if you have a planned parenthood clinic in your area, they might be able to help you get an ultrasound quicker. Good luck hun!

Yes i do, thank you alot. You have no idea how much you have helped, i am going to try and find a planned parenthood so my Boyfriend can take me, because my OB doesnt seem to concerned about my sitution. thank you so much,

and thank you to how ever posts somthing. <3

I'm glad to hear that you are considering going to a Planned Parenthood instead of waiting on your OB who you said seems to not be interested. I think that it's important that a lot of people realize that your doctor is not infallible and that if something seems wrong then you should be sure to persist and get a second opinion. It seems like this is the right choice to make because we all know on the forums that bambi27 definitely knows her stuff!

Please keep us informed on what happens. We're all curious to hear how you're doing.

Hi:
It doesn't sound like your ob/gyn has actually confirmed a miscarriage. Are you required to have a DNC is you miscarried? Ask for an US if you are not comfortable. That is your right. If you're not satisfied, see another doctor for a second opinion. Keep insisting on solid answers. I hope you will do this so that you can move on. This has got to be stressful for you. I hope you get some answers soon. Don't give up. Good luck!

Hi Hon: I have just had another thought, no matter what someones occupation a lot of times their own personal feeling come into play - legal, political and religious beliefs. And now I come to think of it, I'm pretty sure she is shrugging you off because of your age!!! If you have a feeling she doesn't care, then she probably doesn't. So planned parenthood it is for you! They can also give you advice and counselling IF you have miscarried. Please keep me informed hon! I wish you all the health and joy in the world. AND thankyou "Health Fitness Guy" I will print off your nice comments and stick it on my fridge so my family will see that "I know my stuff!" ;-) XD

Hi:
What is the latest news. Did you have a miscarriage or was there something else going on? I hope that you have answers by now. did you have to consult with another doctor? I really hope that you've gotten a second opinion. I also hope that your problem has been taken care of by now. If not, you are probably not doing too well. Please let me know what's happening with you. I look forward to hearing from you very soon.

Now I am wondering what happened to you and your baby...sounded like your OB GYN was not being a good doctor and taking care to protect your health and the health of your baby. Are you sure she did not give you any hormones that would change the vitality of the fetus? I am so glad you are going to Planned Parenthood for a second opinion.