For a long time now, I can see these squiggly lines when I focus very close up. They move around and I have to look at them off-center of my focal point. If I try to look directly they move with my eye movement. I see several of these things in both eyes, but more in my right eye.
To more accurately describe them, they look like a virus or bacteria or maybe even a worm like shaped thing similar to what I had seen using a microscope back in science class in high school.
They are worm like shaped, semi transparent, with the body being segmented by a perpendicular line across the body of the worm like thing.
Can anyone tell me what this might be, or if anyone else has a similar problem. I am 49 years old and have injured my eyes several times during my life, as I worked as a land surveyor and had several punchers into the white part of my eyes during work in the woods.

yes.i have similar problem.i have been wondering what it is for a long time.please help anyone

There vitreous floaters