Is weight gain and waist bloating a post-op symptom of gallbladder surgery? I am not overeating, but nothing fits me in my waist and my weight will not go down. My clothes do not fit my waist. My legs and arms do not seem to have gained weight, my stomach and waist area is so uncomfortable but not particularly painful

My name is Brooke I am having the same syptoms as you have described. My clothes are getting too small around the waist, I am eating healthy. I have been living off salads lately thinking it was what I was eating. My mom thinks I might be pregnant since I am late, but I don't think so. I have had hemroids for some time now and I don't have bowl movements very often. have you gotten any answers yet?

I also have the same problem accept I have gained also on my sides. I'm not the healthiest eater but never had to watch what I ate. Food makes me sick a lot & I have the opposite proble as I constantly get diarrhea, severe cramping and nausea. Its bothersome as I was told this would go away after a few weeks to month as with the "swelling" in my stomache fromthe surgery. It's been since 10/30/06....if you get any answer please share. Thanks

I had my gall bladder removed 8 months ago and have the same problems. I even joined weight loss rograms and various diets, still nothing worked. I also have the bloated feeling and all my weight gain has been around my "middle". Were any of you told this would happen after surgery? I try to eat healthy and some exercise but nothing seems to work.

What type of surgery did you have? Did you have open surgery or the key hole surgery?

Guest wrote: Seems as though everyone with open surgery has the same uncomfortable feeling in stomach and wight gain. Diets

are not very successful. so what to do?