I practice karate for 5 years now and I am really good at it. I do not take part in competitions since I have this knee injury from almost a decade ago. Anyway, I have been sick for two weeks, I have had some serious form of flu. I am getting better now, but I have gained almost 5 kilos! I did lay the entire time and ate a lot, so I am interested in weight impact on blood pressure (my parents are both suffering from high blood pressure).

It seems to me that there is a great possibility for you to get this condition. So, the only thing left for you is trying to prevent it. You are in training process, which can ensure normal body weight, low level of fat and cholesterol. Also, take care of your eating habits that could pose a problem. You must measure your blood pressure to see if there are any changes. It is possible that you have it now, due to very fast weight gain. Yet, when you continue with training, everything should get back to normal.