I received a pamphlet from a company called Levisan Slimming Center claiming that the use of their "pastille" which contains HCA and orthosiphon has been used to lose weight rapidly. What can you tell me about these two ingredients and whether or not this is just another money grab.

I reckon this is just another scam. First of all the name of the company tells it so.
Most of these scam (or lets say no-existing companies) have a word Center, Institute and alike in them.

Orthosiphon is an herb used in many scam diet pills that have already been proved to be a waste of time and money. This herb, just like many others, works as a diuretic and it promotes water loss and not fat loss. So, even if you would manage to lose some weight fast with these “pastilles”, it wouldn’t be fat, it would be water that you would gain back soon enough.

In order to lose weight you need to eat less and enter fewer calories into your system and you need to exercise. Without undertaking these measures, you are bound to failure.

I would like to hear from anyone who has had success with this product.
Thanks, Miriam

I tried these pills and they worked really well for me. Ilost 37 lbs. in approximately 8 weeks with no side effects.

I have a medical background, and knowing what I know, I would not take these 'pastilles'. The orthosiphon does cause you to lose a bit of weight due to fluid loss, but can also damage kidneys if enough fluids are not also taken into the body. It is physiologically impossible for anyone to lose weight without reducing caloric intake and/or increasing caloric elimination via exercise of some type. Unless you use up more calories than you take in during the day (or night) you cannot lose weight on a permanent basis. I know some people have mentioned that these pastilles worked for them. I can only say 'coincidence'. Medically speaking these pastilles are inert, and not able to provide what is advertised.
They ask you to send in a post-dated cheque for 30 days from the receipt of the ad. Have you ever waited for a mail-order? It takes 4 - 6 weeks to even get the pastilles. So by then your cheque has been cashed and whether or not the things work for you is irrevelent. Few people bother to return the bottles by registered mail as is required for refund.
Stay away from this type of scam!! Save your money!!

Bruth

I also received the mailout from Levisan. I live in Ottawa Ontario and thought that is was something sent from a company I knew years ago. Did you purchase the product. Were all looking for that miracle cure.

:o I received and advertisement that advertised a 1 yr guarantee. Lose 20# in 30 days. The main ingredient, orthosiphon.
I read in the encyclopedia that the main ingredient, orthosiphon, is another name for Java Tea. But with all the other diet stuff I have bought in the past I am willing to try it. I bought it today so will see in 30 days.
Quote:

The Wilkins encyclopedia says: Orthosiphon stamineus (Malay: kumis kucing) is a traditional herb that is widely grown in tropical areas. The two general species, Orthosiphon stamineus “purple" and Orthosiphon stamineus “white” are traditionally used to treat diabetes, kidney and urinary disorders, high blood pressure and bone or muscular pain.
There is many things in the list above I need help with.

So if your in the medical field you should know about this then?

If it works great, wonderful. If not hopefully I can get my money back, if the company doesn't close down.