Finally some people who know what I'm going through! Why doesn't anyone know what this is? I've been having these symptoms for months now and they won't go away. Normally happens just after I eat, but sometimes as soon as I wake up, and generally always when I am sitting down - I don't recall ever having it happen when I am standing or lying flat. Hope someone provides a diagnosis soon! My doctors have also done chest x-rays, ECGs, blood tests etc and have come up with nothing!

I had been having the fluttering for 5 days. I am sensitive to dairy (do not think allergic, intolerant) and had that for 3 days in a row plus other gassy food (beans). Staying away from all troublesome food I now have stopped having the fluttering feeling. I'm thinking you may have a sensitivity to what you are eating. It took 4 days to clear out of my system.

Finally found a site that addresses this issue and offers some advice...thanks everyone. I'm male, 60, definitely not pregnant and have had this little fluttering, or spasm happening in my lower abdomen, just about my pelvis for two months.
The only thing I can relate it to is this: I did a three day juice and water fast and got the flutter during the fast. The spasm came and went but is now pretty constant while lying down, after eating and after drinking liquids. There's no pain, just a spasm.

Felt it for the first time last night... and into this morning. It doesn't hurt at all, but it's just a strange feeling. I don't feel sick, and everything seems to be normal. I'll use extra pillows tonight and let you guys know how it goes. I really wish there was a medical reason.

Yes ,I have had this for years, and no Dr. has told me what it is.fluttering and pulsing sensation in my abdominal,[ under my breast } any one please help. 

HI THERE I FEEL THE SAME WAY TO WITH THE FLUTTERS. THE LAST TIME I FELT THIS WAY, I WAS PREGNANT AND I HAD MY GALLSTONES REMOVED THE YEAR BEFORE, NOW I AM GETTING THE SAME FEELING AGAIN, BUT I DON'T THINK I AM PREGNANT, AND THATS ONLY BECAUSE I GET MY MENSTRUAL, BUT YOU CAN GET YOUR PERIOD UP TO FOUR MONTHS OF PREGNANCY, I AM KIND OF SCARED TO FIND OUT THOUGH.

I have had the same symptoms start recently. They have coincided with a lifestyle change as follows. I have recently come to live with my elderly parents as my mother is ill and undergoing treatment. I am eating way more than normal, putting on weight for the first time in my life (46 years old) and not getting enough exercise. Don't know if any of this tallies with others' experience. hopefully when all this is over and I can go back to my normal lifestyle (eating less, little meat, and much more active lifestyle) it will go.

I get this exact symptom.  Mostly in the evening or during the night.  I have Multiple Sclerosis so was thinking it may be related to that.  I was worried about it but now that I have read that many others get the same thing I'm feeling a bit more at ease with it.  I had it for a while a year ago and it went away for a long time.  It is back now nightly.  I'm hoping it will subside again soon. It feels like a mild case of an  "adrenaline" rush or what you feel like when you get startled by something.   But it doesn't go away as quickly as an adrenaline rush does.   The sensation just lingers.  Very weird.

oh my god i have the same scary symptoms day and night but when i lay down its real bad cant catch my breath,like a bad thump and sinking feeling ,i have appointment this wednesday gonna see what they say its real scary ,sometimes i even feel like my heart palpitates

I had the same fluttery feelings for months. I only received relief when u held a pillow over my upper stomach region.. The pressure made it feel better. After blood work, an endoscopy and a colonoscopy, I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease. Since going gluten free, the flutters have gone away. If I have accidentally been gluten'd, the fluttering returns. I hope this helps.

I have also have these flutters. I mostly get it when I'm sitting or lying down. Not as often when I'm standing up. It usually happens after eating and I am currently taking pills to reduce acid reflux but it hasn't started or stopped since I've been on the pills, so I'm not sure if it is connected to the same thing/problem or not. 

i get the same thing below the brestbone .it feels like i cant catch breath. email me and leave your number i will call you back

I have had the same problem and have wondered if I have a gluten problem as well. It got really bad a couple of days ago right after eating a few pieces of bread at a restaurant. I have been trying to avoid gluten since to see if that helps. I hope everyone else can figure out what is causing there fluttering feeling too. Very frustrating!

i have this fluttering feeling no pain..just thought it was my heart..but then i figure it out it could be anxiety..sub consciioussly!

Its a gluten intolerance, not exactly ceoliac disease but a sensitivity to gluten, if u get it rly bad then have the test done an colon camera, i experienced this after certain foods high in flour,fat or even whean, rhy, arey, oats, runny egg even, but every1 defferent, my stomach would shake like there was butterflies fluttering in there, i had enough so went gluten free for 3 wks an it never happened once so lease try this its your bidys way of telling u not to put certin foods in it just doesnt want them, iv ate omekets for lunch, gluten free corn flakes, gluten free bread and pastas even treats, introduce previous foods in little at a time an make note of tnose that dnt agree with u and avoid them or replace wit alternative, listen t ur stmach