after bending and usually within minutes after eating i get a strange feeling in the left side of my stomach below the last rib. it feels like it spasms and instantly i have a irregular heartbeat, sometimes several pvc's in a row. it is very uncomfortable and scary, because i have trouble breathing for a while as it spasms or is beating irregularly. i have had two scopes down the throat, been put on previcid, been put on a heart event monitor for two weeks (they did capture the pvc's, but said it was not life threating, and is normal ( all of this started instantly on april 22 it was not a gradual thing) i was evaluated by a lung doctor and told the lungs are good. i feel like the stomach lining is on fire at night when i sleep. it is frustrating that no doctor can figure out the problem. in my own personal research it sounds like a hiatial hernia but the gastro doctor said that he would have seen it when he scoped if it was one.. please anyone who has experienced this and found the cause or a doctor please help with imput

I know what you mean by pvc's after you eat. I have the same experience. For years. Also I have a pain under my left lower rib almost constantly. I've had lots of tests and nothing has shown up at all. Especially after a large meal I'll have the missed heartbeats all the more. Is that the same with you? This pain is sometimes hot. It's worse when I lie down and especially on my left side.

Hi Huys,

I actually suffer from the exact same symptoms you are describing. Very annoying. Were you able to find out what it was?
Thanks!
Mike

I have the same problem, stomach spasms after eating and off heartbeat, I am going to see a doctor this Friday but I just hope he will have an answer. At first I thought it was just stress or gastritis now I doubt it. If anyone receives an answer plus post it. I also have some upset stomach at night or morning.

I have been having the same problems, except without the pain. If you guys find anything out, please post it!!!!
Lyndsay

Please have tests done on the pancreas. It hides behind the somache and something like cancer won't sow up, they need to take bllod tests. Eraly detection to be on the wiser. My mom had pancreatic cancer, small tumor but once found the odds are bad. Early detection is needed and Mom had that pain and vibrating on the left like you mention. Good luck.

Well, I have read too many posts on many different sites to believe that PVCs can not be caused by GI disturbances. I am a 41 yr old male and I am relatively healthy, but suffer from PVCs that trigger anxiety attacks and those atttacks lead to tachychardia. I know all of this, yet it is still no easier for me to accept. I am a very adventurous eater. I eat all types of ethnic foods and rarely do I eat anything that is not at least a little spicy. Therefore, my GI system is often in some state of "upset". I suffer from occasional PVCs, but today, they have been bad. I had saurkraut for lunch. Within 90 minutes, the PVCs and gas were going strong. They are much worse when I initially lay down in bed. They are fairly frequent when sitting and fairly rare while I'm standing, although the ones while standing tend to feel the strongest. During a physical exam 20 years ago, the doctor saw the irregular heartbeat on an EKG. It wasn't until about 8 years ago that I began feeling them. Stress, amount of sleep and diet all seem to contribute to my problem. I saw a cardiologist about a year ago and he assured me that my heart was healthy (stress test, EKG, ECG). It is still so difficult to accept. Reading everyone else's story makes me feel better and hopefully modern medicine will be able to nail down the connection between the stomach and the heart.

I agree HWKMP and other guest. I found this site by mistake after researching V-Tach and skipped heartbeats and I feel so much better knowing that I am not alone. I had my ablation surgery over 20 years ago and have been symptom free until 10/07. My cardiologist says my V-Tach is not back (thank God cause I almost died) but I am now having some PVC's and am for the first time taking medications. Over the past week I have had PVC's worst than I have ever had them and I don't know why. I am scared beyond words, considering my V-Tach history and have no appetite. I have an appt next week and I keep an emergency bag packed and my cardiac history ready (my family even has copies just in case) I can tell you that PVC's are somehow related to stomach gas and eating full meals which does make mine worse. Mine are also worst at night or when I am in any position that restrict or mashes on my stomach or breathing. They are much better when I am up walking. My cardiologist is very good and does not discount my concerns. It is important to be persistent with your healthcare.

i have pressure with mine allday with spasms and pain. ive been to a hundred drs and nobody can find out anything. ithought i was going crazy until i saw this page. if anyone finds anything please say something so this will go away.

I've had this same prob, for about 5months now, I've come to notice that everytime it starts to spasm after about 5-10 mins I have to either pass gas or take a dump. I think its just our bodys getting older and as we get older we start to notice things we never did before and likewise things that never happened before start to happen. I'm not a dr so if anything go to see one if it gets worse. But with me I was and still am worried that it something to do with my pancreas(this is what I think). Look up pancreas spasm. Hope this helps. Gas I hope.

Thank you for your post re. the same problem I have. Mine started about 2 1/2 yrs. ago, after the sudden loss of my husband. It has continued till now. I have always had PVC's since childhood, and was told they were nothing to be concerned about, after being checked by several Dr.'s. This is a little different now, though. I feel the PVC's and spasms in my left side (intestine), and there is great pressure which I feel sometimes even into my ears, and it can also cause a headache. It seems to be related to gas, and eating too much, although not related to type of food I eat. Sometimes burping will help, holding my breath and bearing down, or yawning will help! I may eat a fish fry, and have no problem, and eat yoghurt and cottage cheese, and have a problem. Standing and bending at the waist can sometimes trigger them, but when sitting and bending forward it may help. Lying down and resting on my back sometimes helps, as does stretching backwards. I work full-time, and don't have as much trouble when I'm working, distracted and moving around. It's mostly if I have time to relax....and then, diabolically, they start!---I have researched this extensively, have had MRI's, blood tests, occult blood stool tests, seen an endocrine specialist, etc. etc. My Dr. just lables it IBS, and prescribed Omeprozol, and fiber tablets. I take the Omeprozol, which avoids the additional problem of heartburn, but the fiber really made things worse, so I don't take it. I do have some Diverticulosis, but don't suffer from that at least YET! I get quite anxious when the symptoms are bad, and I do take a half a Zanax, which does seem to quiet them somewhat. It is a mysterious thing, and I believe is related to stress, overeating, and extra weight around the middle. However, sometimes I am experiencing quite a bit of stress, and don't have the symptoms! It's kind of a question of which came first, the chicken or the egg! About 8-9 yrs. ago, I had some minor symptoms like this, and then they disappeared for a long time. (I'm hoping these will eventually disappear again!)--but right now, they are my constant companion!---I may go a couple weeks with very little problem, but then have a week or two where they are terrible, especially at night!---Then, you don't get the rest you need, and feel terrible the next day!--Which makes the symptoms worse, so it's a vicious cycle!---Just recently, I discovered on the internet a Syndrome exactly like this, which was discovered by a Dr. in Germany about 100 yrs. ago. I didn't have time to pursue this, but I will tomorrow when I go to work. I can't remember the name of the Syndrome right now, as I am writing from home. It said this syndrome was discovered and was in medical literature back then, but then dropped out of Medical writings! I will let you know more about it if you're interested. There HAS to be relief, and a cure for this thing, so we need to not give up, and continue finding ways to deal with it, and educate our Physicians about it! I wish you the best with your problem, as I know exactly what you go through!

Thanks for all the posts. I have the same problems and it seems I am not alone. Have had this problem for a while. Sometimes it comes and goes and I could not pin it to anything. I also have skipped heartbeats.

I really thought about this for a long time and I agree its related to gas, eating too much. This is what I have tried and it seems to be helping quite a bit.

Take an Ovol (its a pill to break up the gas (over the counter)) before eating.
Each smaller meals 4-5 a day if necessary instead of bigger meals.
I discovered I may be lactose intolerant. Regular milk definitely creates problems for me. So I have switched to lactose free milk and I believe its making a difference.
Also ginger will help to sooth the digestive systems. Buy fresh ginger and cut off a 1 inch chunk. Peel and roughly chop. Put ginger in a cup and pour boiling water over and leave for 10-15 minutes. Drink entire cup of water and remove the ginger pieces. Do this once or twice a day.

Maybe as a group we can trade ideas and try to see what we have in common as far as symtoms. I also have Chrones disease which doesnt help.

Love to hear any replies.

As someone who is having these stomach spasms together with the irregular heartbeats for the past two years, maybe I can clear up some stuff for you.

What you all have is a stomach inflammation. This can be caused by various reasons that are interlinked together and the most probable cause is a Helicobacter Pylori bacteria.
About 70% of the population has H.Pylori, but only some of us get it out of control and experience the problems you describe.
The bacteria causes’ damage to the stomach and that is the root to all the sickness.
The irregular heartbeats are caused by Magnesium deficiency which is the result of underperforming stomach and unbalanced diet.
The doctors will try to prescribe you antibiotics, but I believe that this is not a good idea because the bacteria can return easily. The only way to combat this is to change your diet completely.
I am suffering already two years, but only now I am able to piece all the pieces together. The doctors have no idea about what is REALLY going on and will look at you like you are crazy when you tell them all this. The doctors are following the book, the book that doesn’t really address this.
One of the immediate things that you should do is to stop eating bread/wheat products. Also alcohol should be eliminated completely. Alcohol inflames the stomach and depletes Magnesium.
Also try taking some Magnesium Glycinate, start with a small dose, maybe a quarter of RDA. See if you get any improvement. It is better to take less than more.

I had surgery in Feb. 2009 for pain that was on going for approx. 5 years. Pain was a twisting, poking, spasm feeling in left mid ribs near sternum and several ribs lower. I had EVERY test from CT's, MRI's, MRA's, Ultra Sound, X Ray, every type of scope, swallowing camera's. All types of blood and labs.
I ask a surgeon to go in to explore and sure enough there was trauma to the ribs that in turn began to self repair and put out calcium which became very sharp and began cutting into my muscles and caused a large hernia IN my Ribs.
This had been misdiagnosed all these years and oh yes by the way I was even offered Anti-depressants numerous times as if they believed this horrible pain was in my head...
Still having a lot of pain in the exact same area and am feeling like they need to go back in. They have drained me financially to say the absolute least.

Heeeeeeeeyyyyy yyyyoooooooouuuuu Guys!!!!!!!! I have had the same things with my stomach and heart. Here is the real reason.
1: excess gas is caused by bad bacteria in the intestines.
2: When to bad bacteria gets out of control ( do to many reason )
the bacteria attacks the heat's sack. your heart has a bag around it.
your body protects your organs first so when this happens your defense system is low ( lack of sleep, poor diet, to much alcohol, antibiotics ..yes antibiotics! While they kill the bad germ ...they also kill the good germs.
3: When you heart's sack is irritated it causes extra thumps. and the bacteria causes mega gas in the stomach.

I have had this problem since I was around 22 yrs old, I am 33 now and have had control of my life back. The fear of dying, having a heart attack are now the past. I have taken all the meds in the world from 37 different Dr's over the past 10 years that never worked. Every heart test was fine but they still gave me meds?? $$$$

There is a natural cure for this and requires exact attention to detail.
you will have to upgrade you life and how you eat and things you do that will benefit you for the rest of your long life.

Donate a cost of a small cup of Joe to help the sites up keep and keep the natural cures flowing to millions of people in need.

contact me for detail. rwilson13 at student.rcc.edu (relpace the at with @)