I am 18 years old, female - occasionally I wake up at around 5-6am (always around this time never any other time during the day) due to a very painful stomach ache. I get up out of my bed and feel slighty light-headed - while I walk to the toilet I begin to black out. 9 times out of 10 I faint. This normally only lasts around 5 minutes and then I am fine. The last time this happened it got worse, for half an hour I was in and out of blacking out, my face was pale and my whole body was sweating (I was on the toilet seat and my parents were helping me btw) I was trying to do a poo but nothing would come out (it is NOT constipation - i have been constipated before and it definately wasnt it). It was like my body was forcing my bowels to do a poo but no poo was actually there. It was really painful and weird. I have never heard anything like it.

I know for a fact I am not pregnant because I have been suffering from this at a very young age until now. Because it only happens twice a year I didnt think much of it but now its getting worse and I dont know exactly whats wrong with me.

I have had minor issues with my bowels and I dont really eat properly until dinner. I dont try and starve myself but I just dont get hungry until dinner also my diet consists of mostly fatty foods. I think that COULD a reason BUT I ate perfectly fine and healthily when I was younger (10-17yrs old) and it still happened.

I have no idea what it is, could someone please give me a possible explanation and how I could better it (apart from eating better - im already doing that). I think eventually it could get very serious.

Thanks heaps.

Low blood pressure and low blood sugar can cause many of the symptoms you are experiencing. You can check both readings yourself using a home BP monitor and a home glucometer. Not eating properly until dinner can cause malnourishment. You seem to contradict yourself when you say your diet consists of mostly fatty foods, but you are already eating better. This is very typical of someone suffering from anorexia and/or bulimia.

Oh my goodness! I have had these same problems and for me it turned out to be gluten intolerance! Your celiac test can come back negative and you will still be gluten intolerant. Please attempt an elimination diet. You may be shocked at the results (in a good "miracle cure" way). Best of luck to you! xoxo

I just had an episode that sounds very similar to yours. I already know that I'm gluten intolerant, but I accidentally got ahold of gluten. My husband and I went out to dinner and I ordered off of the gluten free menu, but ordered a margarita (which I haven't had since before I went gluten free about 1 1/2 yrs ago). Within 20 minutes of drinking it I had the most severe stomach pain, I couldn't even walk by myself. (I had no idea a margarita could have gluten in it!) I passed out and my husband took me to the hospital. He told them that it was a reaction to gluten, but they treated me like a cardiac patient. All of the heart tests they ran on me were perfectly normal. That nasty gluten was definitely the culprit!

Hi drina24.

I was researching on the same symptoms and read your post. I'm now 50, and like you, I've had these fainting episodes about twice thrice a year, since I was a child, maybe 7 or 8yo.

It seems it usually happens when I eat something that doesn't agree with my insides, but there were times that the cause was extreme pain, like when I fell and twisted my ankle. So I concluded, it is extreme pain that makes me faint; It just so happens that stomach pains are mostly the culprit.

Right now as I write this, I am having that weak 'fainty' feeling and took my usual DICYCLOVERINE, the medicine that has been my go to when it is stomach pain. Taking it (2 for extreme stabbing pain) has made me manage or minimize the fainting episodes, down to only when it comes too abruptly.

This month, the pain has been on and off but just too often for comfort, and I am researching to hopefully put a name to it.

I hope someone who has the same symptoms, or perhaps someone with medical background can enlighten us.

I am looking forward to finally arrest and put an end to this, as it is getting more dangerous for me to faint and fall.

Have you figured this out? I start to get hot then a terrible stomach pain in my upper left stomach and back. Then I start to feel faint. I feel the need to lay on my back and eat when this happens. Then the pain usually goes away. It does happen at different times but mostly in the morning.

This only happened to me twice in 2017. The first time was in a school assembly which takes longer than others. The stomach pain started after a while and it was severe. I called the teacher so i could sit down. Just when she was approaching me i had this ringing in my head and faintness. When she grabbed me the dizziness faded away. But stomach pain was still there. But after i sat down it started to fade away too. The second time this happened i actually half fainted. I was falling down but the teacher grabbed me. I was 11 at the time both of the times it happened in the morning. My diet, aside from my very many cravings i eat very little. Carbs.

abdominal pain and blackouts, I have suffered with these for years, 2017 was my best year in 10 with no blackouts, but 2018 rolled around and bang 3 in one night at 3am in the morning, all I know is woke with abdominal pain and need to visit the toilet after 5 min's started sweating and new I was going to black out, handled that one okay on my own, I normally call the wife never lasts long 5mins later had another one, went back to bed but a couple of minutes later had to go back and this blackout was as friendly, ended up with concussion and a couple of strained muscles in the neck. every time these blackouts have been a result of abdominal pain and yes I am a coeliac but the other night was not a coeliac moment, it was just an unhappy stomach. sensitive stomachs

This might be IBS( irritable bowel syndrome)
I have also been diagnosed with it. And I have the same issues

Daughter just had similar attack following lower abdominal pain; taken to ED as in and out of consciousness.
Told a nerve that affects blood pressure runs close to abdominal wall and can be affected with pain!! No cure or prevention just told need to lie down flat until episode ends!

Yes, it's the vagal nerve that runs through the stomach. Fainting can be brought on my stomach pain or even gas pressure. Extreme pain anywhere in the body can cause fainting because this nerve travels through the entire body. It's called a vasovagal response when bp drops due to extreme pain or stress.

Research 'Dumping syndrome' this sounds very much like the symptoms you are describing.

did they ever give her any medicine for this ? is she better now? my daughter is having these same issues