I wake up in the middle of the night with a fluttery stomach. Sometimes it happens when I have gone to bed but haven't fallen asleep yet. This happens fairly frequently, for about 2-3 years now. Usually I get back up from bed because chance of falling asleep is so slim. Lately I have tried dampening a thick wash cloth with cold water, wringing out so that it's not dripping. I lay it across my stomach, and sometimes it calms it enough to let me sleep. I'm wondering if mine is anxiety.

Same exact thing happens to me. As other people have said, it's like a baby kicking inside. I just joined this website - is there a way to see replies people have posted? All I see are the complaints.

I have been googling this for a week now, and I think I finally figured it out (for my cause at least). I believe this is a muscle spasm, and it can be caused for different reasons, but my cause is because I just started doing an ab workout. My abs don't hurt, but the muscles are adjusting to ... Whatever, the changes my body made from working out? But lookup stomach spasms, it's more informative than using the word fluttering.

That's a symtom? Flutters??? Mines flutters all the time. I started thinking its gas. My periods are lighter very weird, but I'm 42 years old never been pregnant , doctors says I'm too old now and it's okay, but why these flutters???

I have it from time to time. It appears to come with stress so it is likely acid related. When I take an antacid and go to bed, I wake up and feel like I can't catch my breath. I burp a couple of times and everything is normal. Maybe an ulcer but I can eat almost anything I want without any type of pain.

What did u do to get rid of it??I have the exact symptoms . .nexus doesn't seem to help..seems to increase the cough

That's what it feels like to me but how to get rid of ?

Could you email me to let me know what helped you

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Could u please email me to let me know how you got better

Thanks

Yes in solar Plex area

Yes I have the the same symptoms an sharp pain at times

I have been going through this for years. I have been through most of the tests and was told a million different things. One night after 3 days and the mess started to hurt I gave up and went to emergency room and that man looked at the tests I had and came back and said you don't have ulcers yet but your working on them. He explained the heart, stomach and diaphragm are very close together and when the stomach jumps or spasms it hits the heart and will scare you, I don't eat heavy foods, creamy soups, milk, eggs and most anything greasy. I have had to take priolesc for last three nights because I made a gallon of tea t g at is to strong. If you have come up with anything besides hay and water let me know.

I've had a similar problem
But for as long as I can remember
It happens all the time even when I'm standing up, and sometimes I can't breathe.

same feeling. been taking meds for stress now and its so much better